Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-28-2001, 08:31 AM   #11
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

If he centers the attack ON you, it'll be reflected, whether it's Fireball or Magic Missile. But if he aims it NEXT to you, you'll get hurt. At least, I think that's the way it works.
Old 10-28-2001, 09:12 AM   #12
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

actually, the Cloak also protects against area effect spells, even when they're NOT centered on you! it's not supposed to, but it does; probably a bug. I'm not sure though, wheter it just protects you from damage or if it actually reflects it back to the caster.
it does not however protect against non-damaging spells like various Powerwords or Symbols and other mind influencing spells, even when they are centered on you. Dispel Magic, Breach, Lower Resistance... and the like also get through.
Old 10-28-2001, 11:14 PM   #13
mans
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Since the original posting was asking for opinions, here's mine:

It is overpowered! The thing too is, it gets pretty addictive to have. Got that in the S City on my first run-through of the game and found it cool. In my next runthrough of SoA, I couldn't keep myself from looking forward to having it again and that thing got me into cheating a bit (a previous NO-NO for me). Damn!

Funny thing, why has my Cloak of reflection turned into a ball/sphere effect on my character when I installed ToB? Is this a bug? I don't very much like the effect as you can't see your actual character pretty much (and the visual effect is also irritating). In SoA, the cloak effect was something like what the Sheild of Reflection offers (a circular ground effect). Just commenting, 's all!

Note: By the way, what's the protocol in this board? Should the poster indicate in the subject itself that the posting is a spoiler or just in the body of the text itself? Wouldn't want to "walk into" a spoiler like what happened to Barb.
Old 10-28-2001, 11:32 PM   #14
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by mans:
Since the original posting was asking for opinions, here's mine:

Note: By the way, what's the protocol in this board? Should the poster indicate in the subject itself that the posting is a spoiler or just in the body of the text itself? Wouldn't want to "walk into" a spoiler like what happened to Barb.
You would be correct. It should have spoiler in the title. Probably
just a slip. Back to my opinion, way overpowered. On the flip side,
if you're going solo, it's a MUST HAVE item..

------------------

If things got any better, I'd be twins.
Keeper of Lost Cause
Old 10-29-2001, 01:49 AM   #15
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

When you install ToB, the Cloak of Mirroring gets nerfed, it becomes a Cloak of Absorbing, it no longer reflects back spells, thus the change in animation.
Old 10-29-2001, 01:51 AM   #16
Shagrat The Half Orc

I can't believe it, with my new good party I got practically every item in the game except the best one, the cloak of mirroring.