Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 01:47 PM   #51
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by trux:
it's not a rumor.

Provide me with information and sites to confirm it with your post please

you all have to watch it with rumors

Old 09-11-2001, 01:49 PM   #52
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Or for us in the US a place to excape the terror for a whail. I can tell this has shocked the US to the core. I have heard that this is like a second Pearl Harbor awaking the US to how vulnerable it is. Only this time how vulnerable it is to attackes by orgainized terrorizm. I feel sorry for the poor f*&^@ who financed this because they are as good as dead.

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 01:50 PM   #53
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade:
Excuse my language but it appears like the shit is going to hit the fanes across the world.

Yes I would think it is safe to say"put your head between
your knee's and kiss your ass goodbye

(sorry for the twisted humor)

------------------
If you dont know where you are going, stop spin around three times and then your home.
Old 09-11-2001, 01:50 PM   #54
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
Hey K-Dog, good to see you back, unfortunate circumstances though...
Like you, I am overcome with disgust and a strong desire for revenge. I hope that this all plays out with a minimal loss of life, more innocents dying would only further the tragedy. The guilty, on the other hand, deserve whatever they get.
I agree. There has to be a way to do this so that as few people as possible get hurt. But there has to be a retaliation, unfortunately, it's like throwing a punch with a blindfold on. There's just now way to know where to go next, and as angry as this makes me (I'm shaking right now) we have to remain calm as a country while the investigation goes forward.

------------------
Guitars, women, beer...what more can a man ask for?
I AM the bard eternal
Old 09-11-2001, 01:54 PM   #55
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

The sleeping dog is now woke! I've got one word. SIC'EM!!

I wonder if, in dying for Allah, the suicide pilots were surprised to wake up in hell?
Old 09-11-2001, 01:54 PM   #56
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Here's the chronology of what happened (which you can read in the first plane thread I locked (sorry I had to lock it for forum stability reasons).

1:04 p.m.: President Bush, speaking from an undisclosed location, says that all appropriate security measures are being taken, including putting the U.S. military on high alert worldwide. He asks for prayers for those killed or wounded in the attacks and says: "Make no mistake, the United States will hunt down and punish those responsible for these cowardly acts."

12:30 p.m.: The FAA says 50 flights are in U.S. airspace, but none are reporting any problems.

12:15 p.m.: The Immigration and Naturalization Service says U.S. borders with Canada and Mexico are on the highest state of alert, but no decision has been made about closing borders.

12:15 p.m: San Francisco International Airport is evacuated and shut down. The airport was the destination of American Airlines Flight 77, which was one of the aircraft to strike the World Trade Center.

12:04 p.m.: Los Angeles International Airport, the destination of two of the hijacked American Airlines flights, is evacuated.

11:59 a.m.: United Airlines confirms that Flight 175, from Boston to Los Angeles, has crashed with 56 passengers and nine crew members aboard. Emergency personnel at the scene say there are no survivors.

11:26 a.m.: United Airlines reports that United Flight 93, en route from Newark, New Jersey, to San Francisco, has crashed in Pennsylvania, southeast of Pittsburgh. The airline also says that it is "deeply concerned" about United Flight 175.

11:18 a.m.: American Airlines reports it has lost two aircraft. American Flight 11, a Boeing 767 flying from Boston to Los Angeles, had 81 passengers and 11 crew aboard. Flight 77, a Boeing 757 en route from Dulles Airport near Washington to Los Angeles, had 58 passengers and six crew members aboard. Flight 11 is believed to be one of the planes that crashed into the World Trade Center.

11:16 a.m.: CNN reports that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is preparing bioterrorism teams to respond to the incidents in a precautionary move. The preparation is not based on any known bioterrorism threat.

11:02 a.m.: New York Mayor Rudy Guiliani urges citizens to stay at home and orders an evacuation of the area south of Canal Street.

10:57 a.m.: New York Gov. George Pataki says all state government offices are closed.

10:54 a.m.: Israel evacuates all diplomatic missions.

10:53 a.m.: New York's primary elections scheduled for today are postponed.

10.48 a.m.: Police confirm the crash of a large plane in Somerset County, Pennsylvania.

10.46 a.m.: U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell cuts short his trip to Latin America to return to the United States.

10:45 a.m.: All federal office buildings in Washington are evacuated.

10:28 a.m.: The World Trade Center's north tower collapses from the top down as if it were being peeled apart, releasing a tremendous cloud of debris and smoke.

10:24 a.m.: The FAA reports that all inbound transatlantic aircraft flying into the United States are being diverted to Canada.

10:22 a.m.: In Washington, the State and Justice departments are evacuated, along with the World Bank.

10:13 a.m.: The United Nations building evacuates, including 4,700 people from the headquarters building and 7,000 total from UNICEF and U.N. development programs.

10:10 a.m.: United Airlines Flight 93 crashes in Somerset County, Pennsylvania, southeast of Pittsburgh.

10:10 a.m.: A portion of the Pentagon collapses.

10:08 a.m.: Secret Service agents armed with automatic rifles are deployed into Lafayette Park across from the White House.

10:05 a.m.: The south tower of the World Trade Center collapses, plummeting into the streets below. A massive cloud of dust and debris forms and slowly drifts away from the building.

9:57 a.m.: Bush departs from Florida.

9:45 a.m.: The White House evacuates.

9:43 a.m.: An aircraft crashes into the Pentagon, sending up a huge plume of smoke. Evacuation begins immediately.

9:40 a.m.: The FAA halts all flight operations at U.S. airports, the first time in U.S. history that air traffic nationwide has been halted.

9:39 a.m. President Bush is to convene a national security meeting immediately upon his return to Washington. The president has spoken with Vice President Dick Cheney and New York Gov. George Pataki.

9:30 a.m.: President Bush, speaking in Florida, says the country has suffered an "apparent terrorist attack."

9:21 a.m.: New York City Port Authority orders all bridges and tunnels in the New York City area closed

9:17 a.m.: The FAA shuts down all New York City area airports.

9:03 a.m.: A second plane, apparently a passenger jet, crashes into the second World Trade Center tower and explodes. Both buildings are burning.

8:45 a.m.: A large plane, possibly a hijacked airliner, crashes into one of the World Trade Center towers, tearing a gaping hole in the building and setting it afire.

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 01:55 PM   #57
Blade
Emerald Dragon

It might be heavon to them though to others it is a hell.

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 01:57 PM   #58
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Thanx for the assist on my first post Memnoch. Didn't think about posting a link, guess I'm not thinking to clearly. Can't believe I've cried over this!

Mark
If you have to have a time to break down, this is defenitely the time. I watched the WTC Tower 1 fall live(the second one to collapse). I was less than a foot from my little tv, watching people literally jumping out 30+ floor windows to escape the flames, when the whole shing just caved in. I was in tears. I've been sort of in a fog. Just got to work, and am feeling more than a little twitchy. Every time I heard anything that resembled a plane, I flinched. I dont live that far from a major AF Strategic Air Command base(I live in Boise Idaho. Mountain Home AFB is only about 45 miles away, and is the 3rd or 4th biggest SAC base in the US). Its a scary time. I just want to add my thoughts to everyone elses. Hang tough.

------------------
"That looks pretty fatal. I think you have to return to the Character generation section."
One player to another
Old 09-11-2001, 02:18 PM   #59
Drake
Baaz Draconian

man, I've been waching since just after the second plane hit. it saddend me greatly but yet I happen to have a smile on my face right now. I remembered that Cloudy was from NY, well I was worried so I come here to check and well there it was a brand new post from cloudy letting me know she was alright. and I see that Yorick is in NY but he's alright too. also I have been reading and I see that Trux has had word from his dad. and well this may seem odd to some people but I am happy that at least some people are alright. that doesn't mean that I don't fill for the ones lost but that I can take comfort in the ones that weren't lost. now I shall go check the news again. *hugs* ALL

------------------

Drake A.K.A. bocaj and
his new friend Neil
Old 09-11-2001, 02:28 PM   #60
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Very eerie news

A passanger on the plane that crashed in PA locked him/herself in the bathroom and called an emergency dispatcher on their cell phone...yelling into the phone "We've been hijacked, we've been hijacked" the person staid on the phone until a loud noice was heard and the phone went silent

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!