Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-15-2001, 05:55 PM   #1
Dourgan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Does anyone really love to read R.A. Salvatore's books? I believe BG got me into them!!!
Old 09-15-2001, 05:56 PM   #2
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Then you might want to visit the book forum!

Welcome to the Forum, by the way.

------------------
Old 09-15-2001, 05:59 PM   #3
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I'm sure someone is going to complain that this archive doesn't belong in the SoA Forum.. I READ them, but don't love them. I hardly have the time for reading. But yes, BG too, also got me into them. I have all 3 books of the Icewind Dale Trilogy, and that's about it. They give you more background on what you're playing, which is very helpful. Also, if you're a DM, like me, they can give you many ideas..
Old 09-15-2001, 06:02 PM   #4
Debaser

i read the first two books of the Icewind Dale trilogy many many years ago. Then I got into Dragonlance--and anyone who is a fan of Dragonlance knows that Salvatore's writing prowess has nothing on that of Maragaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. I prefer Krynn to Toril, hands down.
Old 09-15-2001, 06:04 PM   #5
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

I've read and own just about every book he has written. One of the
really good things about his books is the fact that you can re-read them
and still get interested in continuing on with his trilogies, etc..

Great author.
Old 09-16-2001, 02:21 AM   #6
waverider
Symbol of Cyric

read them all i did , nice books nice stories to ....

------------------

so sweat , you find them no sweater than this ...
no prettier than this ..

you can geus who it is

!!!!! AERIE !!!!!!
Old 09-16-2001, 03:47 AM   #7
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

who DOESNT really love the Salvatore books? yes, they are the BEST, i just cant put them down when i read them. of course i get pissed when i finish it though. i cant wait till next month i think it is when his new book with Drizzt and his crew comes out, WOOHOO.

------------------
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine
Old 09-16-2001, 11:16 PM   #8
Artemis Entreri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think ra salvatore's books are the bomb. I hve nine of them. . Homeland,Exile,icewind dale trilogy, starless night passage to dawn and the 1st one in the series, and the silent blade and am about to buy Servant of the Shard because it is written from the points of view if my two favorite charecters Artemis Entreri and Jarlaxle. I truly do Dispise Wulfgar son of beog.... wahtever his name is

Artemis Enteri the deadliest assasin
Old 09-17-2001, 02:42 AM   #9
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Debaser:
i read the first two books of the Icewind Dale trilogy many many years ago. Then I got into Dragonlance--and anyone who is a fan of Dragonlance knows that Salvatore's writing prowess has nothing on that of Maragaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. I prefer Krynn to Toril, hands down.
Very true, Weis and Hickman kick arse! But they have far, far better books than their Krynn novels (which are pretty predictable fare). Try the Star of the Guardian books (I believe thats the name?), Darksword trilogy is also nice. Rose of the Prophet trilogy, though, is probably my favorite fantasy series, just damn well written, and funny too.

Old 09-17-2001, 03:13 AM   #10
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i agree, i dont like much of Drizzts crew too much. Drizzt is bad-ass, Catie-Brie is ok, but regis? he is worthless (except for a good adventure hook) Wulfgar, yeah, he's ok, Aegis Fang is awesome, Bruenor-yes, he is cool too. but Artemis Entreri is the man. i like Drizzt more, but Artemis is a CLOSE second.

Just My Two Gold Pieces

------------------
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine