Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-17-2001, 01:22 AM   #1
Ziroc

I've been emailed from people that don't appreciate the way you are posting sometimes.. I have looked into some of these posts, and agree 100%.

Making up fake scenarios in BG2 to make someone think they can do something that can't, and then post another message making fun of them is NOT ALLOWED here, and if I see this ONE MORE time, your account will be deleted, and your entire IP subnet will be blocked.

Please re-read the TOS here. Making fun of ANYONE (Newbie or not) is NOT allowed. I run a respectable board, and wish to keep it this way dude.

Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

PS: You're pushing it already with that sig image (j/k) -- What WAS that message supposed to say anyway?? I can't figure that one out...

Old 05-17-2001, 04:04 AM   #2
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Im sorry I didnt really think it was that big a deal. Shymill consider yourself avenged I looked for 5 minutes for a thread that had been deleted.

------------------
Welcome to hell.
Old 05-17-2001, 04:23 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah, like giving someone the wrong directions on the street. Of course it wouldn't be a big deal to you, you're not the one who got misdirected. As if that wasn't bad enough, to publicize it by posting a thread bragging about it makes it even worse.

Anyway, case closed.

------------------
Old 05-17-2001, 04:41 AM   #4
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I didnt think it was a big deal cause its a freaking game.

------------------
Welcome to hell.
Old 05-17-2001, 08:58 AM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I have no idea what happened in previous posts because I don't read everything, but from this posting it seems that the "big deal" is that selling false hopes, wasting people's time for the sake of causing trouble, and basically lying is not accepted as a game, or an idea of a good joke. People come here to find their way out of troubling points in their games, and if lead the wrong way two things happen...they get more frustrated at the game they are playing, and two, they don't come here asking for help, because they cannot believe any longer that we care to help, thus making us lose prized visitors. Why would Ziroc (and secret contributors) want to waste their charitable money on running a site that no one wants to visit because they think we are just foolin' them.

------------------

Larry, a Loyal Guardian of the OHF
Old 05-17-2001, 02:40 PM   #6
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
I didnt think it was a big deal cause its a freaking game.

SOME people would like to finish the game, and not spend unknown hours trying to track down some fake crap you posted. This site IS dedicated to gaming Caleb, so yes, it IS a big deal.

Ziroc

Old 05-17-2001, 02:43 PM   #7
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
I have no idea what happened in previous posts because I don't read everything, but from this posting it seems that the "big deal" is that selling false hopes, wasting people's time for the sake of causing trouble, and basically lying is not accepted as a game, or an idea of a good joke. People come here to find their way out of troubling points in their games, and if lead the wrong way two things happen...they get more frustrated at the game they are playing, and two, they don't come here asking for help, because they cannot believe any longer that we care to help, thus making us lose prized visitors. Why would Ziroc (and secret contributors) want to waste their charitable money on running a site that no one wants to visit because they think we are just foolin' them.
Exactly!

Ziroc

Old 05-17-2001, 08:02 PM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

Very well said, Larry. Anyway, consider it a lesson learned, and let's all put this behind us now and more forward.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 05-17-2001).]
Old 05-17-2001, 11:49 PM   #9
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

ouch.. too bad no veteran saw that... caleb wouldve been smoked.. teehee

------------------

I am Bahamut... and this Chiharu.
Old 05-17-2001, 11:53 PM   #10
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

some saw it. we just left and moved along.

------------------

Lord of the Screen Shot
Get My IronWorks Winamp skin