Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2002, 11:00 AM   #1
Jon Smallberries
Elite Waterdeep Guard

** Spoiler Alert **
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

So, I was on track to be the "peacemaker", having done all missions for both Umpani and T'Rang, other than damaging a ship. So, I rescue Drazic and Rodan, then head back to Z'Ant. Only problem is, he calls me a traitor and orders his minions to attack (much to their dismay).

I had paid off He'li, so I thought I was OK (next time I'll ensure her silence the Sicilian way...).

Long story short, Z'Ant's attitude pissed me off, so I waxed his mothership, then headed back to Yamir. He welcomed me with open arms and sent me off to Ascension Peak.

I'm now at the peak and have placed the D.D. successfully. My questions are:

1. Will I be able to successfully finish the game? Or is the alliance necessary?
2. Is there any way to get rid of Rodan and Drazic? Every time I try to dismiss them, they go on about how they are 'required' if peace is to have a chance (well, I did get rid of Rodan - he got whacked and I dismissed him rather than casting resurect on him.)
3. (Partial rant) When I placed the DD, I had to answer a couple of questions about it's purpose and who it was given to - if this sets the pattern for the other two objects, I'm gonna be P.O.'d! I remember asking about and receiving the low-down on the C.M. and A.D., BUT this information is not recorded in my journal! What's up with that??? Important info for the endgame is not written into the journal, but meaningless crap like "Gave Antone Wasp Wings" and "Money buys silence" is in there? Grrrrrr.....

(of course, if I'm off base here, please ignore the above rant...) I may just run back to Arnika and see if I can get a little history lesson (portals are great, aren't they?)

Don't spoil me too much, just let me know if I have to reload an earlier save game...
Jon Smallberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 11:35 AM   #2
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

1. Will I be able to successfully finish the game? Or is the alliance necessary? No it is not necessary! You can finish the game witout the alliance!

2. Is there any way to get rid of Rodan and Drazic? Every time I try to dismiss them, they go on about how they are 'required' if peace is to have a chance (well, I did get rid of Rodan - he got whacked and I dismissed him rather than casting resurect on him.)

I killed both Umpani and the T`Rang then they wil NOT joine your party! they HATE you because you killed all!

3 ????
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 11:42 AM   #3
Jon Smallberries
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Unfortunately, they are already in my party - I just can't dismiss them like you would RFS-81 or any other NPC. Or will they leave if I go whack all the T'Rang? Drazic never said 'Boo' when I was making bug juice out of Z'Ant and his pals...
Jon Smallberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 12:11 PM   #4
Megabot

I dont knove but that Trynnie in the Umpani camp left my party when i killed the Umpany guys! So i suggest you must use an save before you entred the "Away Camp" and you dont HAVE to talk to those guys anyway but i did and they allredy hate me so that was not any problems for me!
I also trie to kill ALL the Rapax Templars there but there i got my butt killed ha ha! So dont trie that!
Old 02-11-2002, 12:32 PM   #5
Solomon
The Magister

SPOIL
I ran into the same probelm with Z'Ant. He denounced my party and got himself dead. It was really creepy how Drazic didn't seem to mind (I don't know how to get rid of the prisoners, short of making the alliance, those guys stick to you like glue).

My solution was to reload (which I hate doing) and go to see the Umpani first. Then, when I got to Z'Ant and gave him the letter he didn't freak out, and all was well.

By the way, didn't it seem WAY too easy to exterminate the T'Rang?
Old 02-11-2002, 12:42 PM   #6
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

You can always reload and come back later. I had the same problem in the middle of the quests, so I just reloaded and did a few other things, came back and Z'ant was happy.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 12:57 PM   #7
Megabot

Hi there maby this help a little to!

The Umpani-T'Rang Alliance procedure requires the following:

1) The Umpani and T'Rang must not be hostile to your party. You can do all of their quests with the exception of the final one in each case, but if you do accept quests from both sides you must pay off He'Li in Arnika and possibly turn in the T'Rang spy (SGT Kunar) in the Umpani Base Camp.
2) You must have at least two of the three objects (Destinae Dominus, Astral Dominae, or Chaos Moliri) in the party's possession
3) You must become a Templar prior to entering the Wilderness Clearing (Rapax Away Camp)

As you enter the camp you'll be greeted with open arms by the guards as a fellow Templar. Head west over to the largest tent and speak with the King. He will ask you to interrogate the prisoners (Rodan and Druzic) and hand you the Stockade Key. Head up the path and climb the ladder to the prison. Use the Stockade Key on the center lock and then pick the remaining two locks. Recruit both prisoners and prepare for a battle since this turns the Rapax hostile. Rodan will ask you to kill the King and Prince in the camp but this isn't required (although you can rescue the Rapax Queen using the King's Cave Key which he drops when killed). You can now fight your way back to Lower Marten's Bluff or teleport there.

Speak with Z'Ant, get the Alliance Letter and the Tracking Device, and then head to Upper Mt. Gigas Caves. Speak with General Yamir and receive the Top IUF Pass. Head to the Flight Deck door, use the pass, and head up to Mt. Gigas Peak. Walk to the first rocket (NW corner), use the tracking device on the small control panel located on the back side, and it will fire automatically - destroying the Dark Savant's ship. Return to Yamir where he will ask that Rodan and Druzic help with preparations for an assault on Ascension Peak (they will leave your party).

Return to Rapax Castle, disarm the bomb in the Dark Tower (via the portal), and continue on to Ascension Peak.

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: Megabot ]

Old 02-11-2002, 05:38 PM   #8
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

Jon S. -
Regarding getting rid of the RPCs - all you have to do to get rid of Drazic is kill him off too. Drowning seems to be the preferred method. Just equip everyone but him with Scuba gear and head underwater. [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for #3, yes you do need to answer two questions for each artifact. One of them you won't have any problem with since it is just what the artifact stands for. The other one is always about a particular individual associated with the search for the artifacts. Only one of them gave me any trouble - the one on the DD - because it wasn't an individual but a race. If you could answer that one then the other two are no problem because they are much MUCH more obvious.
Old 02-11-2002, 07:37 PM   #9
elbarono
Elite Waterdeep Guard

That's funny, when I killed the Rapax king, the faction rating for Rapax Templar went down to Neutral only.. I didn't kill the prince though, couldn't figure out where he was.
elbarono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 10:15 PM   #10
krayzkrok
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There's a slight bug here as well. I also annoyed Z'Ant at some point (must have been talking to the Umpani spy) so I went to the Mt Gigas first, then back to Marten's Bluff and gave him the alliance note.

However, if you initiate conversation with Z'Ant AFTER you've given him the note, after he's come over all warm and friendly, he'll still produce the "you traitors!" speech and attack. I assume that's a slight bug.

krok
krayzkrok is offline   Reply With Quote