Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 06-22-2003, 03:41 PM   #1
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

You know that Liches seperate there Physical form , apart from there spirit,and that the Lich actually is not killed when you kill his physical form. So basically in BG2 every Lich should go after you,right? I think it would be cool. Suddenly surprised by You-know-wich-Lich.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 04:00 PM   #2
Raistlin Majere
Ra

yeah, its weird, isnt it? IWD had it different though, and it took me a while to figure it out too.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 04:02 PM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Raistlin Majere:
yeah, its weird, isnt it? IWD had it different though, and it took me a while to figure it out too.
I am not sure if i understand you. You mean that Liches in IWD come for you or not?
Old 06-22-2003, 04:25 PM   #4
icelus
Manshoon

I think what Raistlin means is that in IWD, you have to find the lich's spirit, which is kept in some bottle or jar nearby, and destroy it, else you haven't truly destroyed him. That's how it was (correctly) implemented in IWD, but in BG2, however, they left that part out...lol
[url]\"http://modlist.pocketplane.net\" target=\"_blank\">Infinity Engine Modlist</a> - Comprehensive, Interactive, and Up-to-date!<br />[url]\"http://www.pocketplane.net\" target=\"_blank\">Pocket Plane Group</a> and [url]\"http://www.gibberlings3.net\" target=\"_blank\">The Gibberlings Three</a> - your sources for quality IE mods
icelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 04:25 PM   #5
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
quote:
Originally posted by Raistlin Majere:
I am not sure if i understand you. You mean that Liches in IWD come for you or not? [/QUOTE]LOL!!!no, i meant you have to destroy there *whatever crystal* or they will re-materialize and youll have to kill it again and again until you destroy their *whatever crystal*(damn, i just cant remember what it was called).

edit: fine icelus, post a few damned seconds earlier than me!

[ 06-22-2003, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Raistlin Majere ]

Old 06-22-2003, 08:48 PM   #6
Faceman
Hathor

Whew!
I'm shuddering. I won't be able to sleep tonight knowing that an infinite amount of liches are still somewhere looking for me. Just to be sure I'll place Daystar under my pillow.
-
-
-
OUCH! Damn...cut myself while rolling over
Old 06-23-2003, 12:30 AM   #7
cerandil
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Noob helping out...

Phylactory I believe it was called in pnp.
cerandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 12:53 AM   #8
icelus
Manshoon

That's it!!! LOL! Geez...only took us all day to figure it out...
[url]\"http://modlist.pocketplane.net\" target=\"_blank\">Infinity Engine Modlist</a> - Comprehensive, Interactive, and Up-to-date!<br />[url]\"http://www.pocketplane.net\" target=\"_blank\">Pocket Plane Group</a> and [url]\"http://www.gibberlings3.net\" target=\"_blank\">The Gibberlings Three</a> - your sources for quality IE mods
icelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 05:19 AM   #9
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Welcmoe ti Ironworks forums Cerandil [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2003, 06:13 AM   #10
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by cerandil:
Noob helping out...

Phylactory I believe it was called in pnp.
no wonder i didnt remember...its either that or Phylactery(with an "e"). the one with an "e" is in the dictionary(though it isnt described as a liches soul stone), which means something like(roughly translated back to english)"A jewish aphorism written down on parchment", "magical item", "amulet". so that would sort of make sense.