Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2001, 08:45 PM   #11
rodimus
The Magister

I think the series will take place just after first contact with zephrem cochrane and all the diplomacy with the vulcans and then meeting the klingons, blablabla..

No offense, but I think, the Star Trek Time is over. Since Next Generation, it became worse and worse. The beginning of DS9 was quite interesting, but the Final was a mess. Friends of mine destroyed all their Star Trek stuff after the last episode. Voyager wasn't much better. OK, I was a great Star Trek fan once, but the times of Kirk and Picard are over! When I look at Paramount to find something about the new movie and read a interview with Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troy), and she says that one thing is certain: She's going to marry W. T. Riker in the movie, I am sure not watching this film at the cinema!!!
Old 08-30-2001, 10:24 AM   #12
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by rodimus:

No offense, but I think, the Star Trek Time is over.
Agreed, even the Next Generation lasted too long. Now, we've seen it all. How can you not, it's always: a big threat that will destroy us all, send in the Enterprise to investigate, Enterprise fixes big threat against all odds, Enterprise and Crew are big heroes. Credits

Old 08-30-2001, 01:46 PM   #13
rodimus
The Magister

Yes Ryanamur, you speak as I would do it. If I were Episode-Writer for Star-Trek, it wouldn't be that happy stuff, there were no special character, cause they would die sooner or later, and the federation would definately not win every time.

Very amusing in the series, you know at the beginning of every episode, who's gonna die, mostly the first person you do not know...
Old 08-30-2001, 01:51 PM   #14
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by rodimus:

Very amusing in the series, you know at the beginning of every episode, who's gonna die, mostly the first person you do not know...
That's why I never watch the series. That way, I can enjoy the movies better as I'm not "Star Treked out". Nonetheless, I don't think that a prequel is a good idea (neighter is a sequel... the last 2 movies where pretty lame). Star Trek had it's good days, but every good thing comes to an end... for Star Trek it was when Kirk died.

As a side line, the best Star Trek movie since Kirk died was Galaxy Quest... and that does say alot about the status of the theme.

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 08-30-2001).]
Old 08-30-2001, 10:17 PM   #15
Hesperex

I think that the Enterprise in "Enterprise" looks to modern by Star Trek standards, it looks much newer and more advanced than the Enterprise NCC1701 and the Enterprise NCC1701-A (the refit) I know the first one was actually made out of a couple of painted tubes and the like but even so the new computer generated model just doesnt fit in with the time line in my opinion. Its quite simliar to the new Akira class starship...which was seen in the Film First Contact in battle with the borg..might of be seen in some of the later DS9s aswell.

------------------

"The beginning of eternity.
The end of time and space.
The start of every end,
And the end of every place."

Old 08-31-2001, 01:10 PM   #16
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

all i can say is star treck was brilliant, the next genorations was great (exept for one thing, wesley crusher), DS9 was pitiful, and voyager was exellent (i liked the graphics they hipnotised me into likeing it) but this! it sounds crap. if it was set in the future (about 29th centuary will do) it would be great. but as hesperex said, the ships to modern.

also voyager is stupid in the way it exists in both the 24th and 26th centuary.WHATS THAT ABOUT!

------
there got that off my chest.

------------------