Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-06-2001, 05:33 PM   #1
Darlon
The Magister

Which do you think makes the better thief? Which would you require? Write your opinions here.
Old 10-06-2001, 06:58 PM   #2
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

Yoshimio wouldent be a good idea **SPOILER**
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
In chapter 3, when you goto spellhold to free imoen, yoshimio betrays you, and hands you over to Irenicus. So do as I do, right before you enter spellhold, kill yoshimio, so then you can give imoen his items (you would anyway when you fight yoshimio if you didnt kill him, but that way she gets them sooner.)
Old 10-06-2001, 07:00 PM   #3
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Darlon:
Which do you think makes the better thief? Which would you require? Write your opinions here.
The first few times I played the game I preferred Yoshimo. He is the best thief in the game. But there are complications later...(which can be got around).

Now, I prefer Jan. He is not quite such a good thief as Yoshimo, but he's pretty good! And he has the advantages of also being a mage AND being quite amusing, too.

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 10-06-2001).]
Old 10-06-2001, 07:15 PM   #4
andrewas
Harper

imoen. definatley. just remove the mage from mage/thief and return her levels which BIOWARE STOLE FROM ME JUST FOR A LOUSY PLOT POINT and there you go. use shadow keeper. shes not even a real mage/thief since the change was introduced for the plot and _not_ because the character demanded it. i mean, looking back to candlekeep, does anything suggest a future mage? no. though not. at the very least she should be multi and not dual class (yes shes human, but who cares. games are for fun, not pedantic rule following)

if your allergic to cheating, but remember its not cheating cos the change was introduced for the wrong reasons, then it would have to be yoshi (till chapter 4 )

i mean, jans a mage. and i already have 4 magic users just from people who appeared without looking for them. (i usually play that way. i take the characters that join first and stick with them. your not a friend if you throw someone out just cos mazzy(or whoever) is better. cept for xzar who can and should be thrown out at the earliest oppertunity.

besides i have this thing about turnips.