Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-10-2001, 10:29 AM   #11
Euronymous
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Errr I have Completed Soa and ToB with a solo mage, after level 15, you can summon skeletal warriors so it becomes too easy. Oh and Traps? just take the damage and rest it of

Killing Kangaax:
Spell Immunity +
Haste +
Tenser's Transformation +
Staff of Magi =

55.000 + a somewhat nice ring

Killing Firkraag:
X5 Skeletal warriors +
Haste +
X2 Reduce Immunity +
Running away +
Abi Dalzim's till he shrivells up =

64.000 + a few USELESS items heheh

I could go through the twisted rune but ahhh well im bored of typing

A PICTURE WAS DEFINATELY HERE PREVIOUSLY!!

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: Euronymous ]

Old 11-10-2001, 06:04 PM   #12
nakkinaama
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for your advises and now that I have started I'm level 7 in Irenicus dungeon level 1 since it crashes before I get to kill the duergars. I think it has something to do with The Darkest Day because I have finished SoA twice and it worked fine. Now I deleted SoA and I'm waiting for patch and then I try it again. And thanks again for your help [img]tongue.gif[/img] .
Old 11-10-2001, 06:19 PM   #13
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I have started my solo Sorcerer as well, and this is my first romp on Insane Difficulty... all I can say about ID is... ouch... ...

Hey! That cupboard over there looks interesting!

Trap Activated: Call Lightning
44 damage
56 damage
Odin Magnus: Death

And that was just in Irenicus's Dungeon. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Can't wait to get Spell Immunity... learnt to use Mirror Image more often though. And I refuse to buy the Magic License, I'm gonna duke it out with the Cowled Wizards.

Currently level 12. Completed the Copper Coronet, Nalia's Keep, Mebble Pebblecrusher, Circus Tent, Poisoned Harper, currently doing Tradesmeet.

I will finish my solo Cavalier soon, I'm just alternating between the two now.

I died the most often due to my Skull Traps though... this was the first time I was using them and I keep blowing them up in my face... I attained a sense of bliss though when 6 Skull Traps( laid them beforehand) exploded on Torgal and the 2 Giant Trolls. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2001, 10:24 PM   #14
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

Hee Hee I killed Torgal the same way!!! 6 skull traps, exit room, rest for 8 hours, drink a potion of speed, run around skull traps, attract Torgals attention, run around skull traps, watch as Torgal runs through skull traps and DIES!!!!, then kill the other trolls with sunfire and melf's meteors. BTW the 3rd level spell slow is great when dealing with trolls, worked great in the troll mound in the Druid grove.
Old 11-10-2001, 10:49 PM   #15
ThE_LoKi_MaN
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Why would you want to solo? I think its much more fun to use a full team.
Old 11-10-2001, 10:55 PM   #16
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by ThE_LoKi_MaN: Why would you want to solo? I think its much more fun to use a full team.[/qb]

I've played several times with a party of six and wanted a challange. I never tried a sorcerer so I wanted to see if I could solo with this class (which I truly love!!!!!!)

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: Fuzzy Animal ]

Old 11-10-2001, 11:12 PM   #17
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I have completed the game with 6 members, a total of 7 times... ...

I want to solo now, no more guiding the party! No more sharing equipment! And all the freaking glory is yours! YOURS! MuhWahHAHAHAHA!!!!
Old 11-10-2001, 11:18 PM   #18
OmegaKiller
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Try soloing with a theif kit. (other than an assassin, which you could kill anything with those blasted traps) Perhaps with a jester or a blade. Now that would be a challenge

OmegaKiller

*I am the final death

**The Destroyer of the Keldorn Order
Old 11-10-2001, 11:21 PM   #19
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I have soloed with a Cavalier and Sorcerer so far, Wild Mage and Blade is up next respectively.
Old 11-11-2001, 01:34 AM   #20
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

This is my first solo attempt and I like this much better. I don't have to sit around and wait as one of my idiot NPC's wanders around. There's always one in the bunch. Another reason is I want to see just how powerful one character can be. I'm still in Chapter 3 and just hit 18th level. I'm killing everyone that crosses my path. hahahahahhahahahahahahaha... The extreme powertrip has gone to my mind.

Besides, the games way too easy to beat with a full party. (Even on insane.)