Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2001, 05:58 PM   #1
Dog of War
The Magister

So, is there elven armour anywhere. I read that in trademeet if I killed the guy who claims his city, he has some.. Anyone?
Old 03-07-2001, 08:11 PM   #2
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Don't know about trademeet, but (spoiler)
the head of the shadow thieves has some elven chain, but you can only get it by siding with Bhodi.
Old 03-07-2001, 11:19 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILERS:
>
>
>
>
>
>
The following are some examples of armor mages can wear:
Robe of Venca (single, multi, dual)
Robe of Good/Neutral/Evil Arch Mage (single, multi, dual)
And other robes find through out the game (single, multi, dual)
Blade Singer (my favorite), and other elven chains (multi, dual only). Unfortunately, only multi or dual -class mages can wear elven chains, since elven chains are consider as chain mail and mages cannot wear chain mail. Theif/mage like Imoen or Nalia can wear elven chain, as well as cleric/mage like Aerie. Also, fighter/mage can also wear elven chains.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-07-2001, 11:23 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILERS:
>
>
>
>
>
When you refer to Trademeet, that's the extra quest when you have done the two major quest in Trademeet. This occurs after they built you the statues and during the ceremony, two rival families of Trademeet will approach you and ask for your assistance (to retrieve an artifact from Trademeet tomb). As long as you go to one family and obtain the key, and not give the artifact to the mayor of Trademeet, there will be a brawl. One of the family head will be wearing an elven chain if I am correct.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-07-2001, 11:25 PM   #5
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

I tried finding that dammed robe of Neutral Archi-Magi everywhere I had a Half-elf conjuror I had finnished Bg1 with and he had the robe of NAM but In the irenicus doungeon (ya right we get some of our original stuff back, big lie). The only thing I found from Bg1 was a broken sword I had forgoten to discard on minsc, the rest was the same stuff I would have gotten with a bran new party.

Bit o ranting:
Then should have stated you get nothing save the junk from Bg1
Old 03-07-2001, 11:48 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
The Robe of Neutral Arch-Magi should be sold in Trademeet after you solve its two main quests. Which merchant? Unfortunately, I cannot pin-point him/her.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-07-2001, 11:53 PM   #7
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

No spoiler but just incase
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Nope I only get the robe of the good archi-Magi... I realy want my old robe back it made my Half-elf Conjuror so powerful. His stats where great but without cheating or the collector's edition(no robe of Vecna). The best my caracter has is a traveler's robe (He still is powerful with Bracers AC3). But still that robe with the hood made him look powerful.

Old 03-07-2001, 11:56 PM   #8
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Just my suggestion, why not download the two merchants from the collector's edition? My berserker/mage don't use robe of Venca, but it's great with the other mages.

Check out middle section of this page:

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_editors.htm

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-08-2001, 05:45 AM   #9
Dimension X
Dungeon Master

You can add it in without the two files using ShadowKeeper.

Anyway, the Robe of Vecna is really good when casting those high level spells. In conjunction with Time Stop, you can really take down an enemy, or dish out a lot of damage (Think Abi-Dalzim's).

------------------
A Drawn Sword;
A Trickle Of Blood;
The Tempest Is Brewing.
Nemesis....
Old 03-08-2001, 05:49 AM   #10
Griever
Manshoon

you know that stupid thing with the lurraxols and whatever in trademeet, is that they both turn on you. you. no one else but you. wow, what happened when you give it to one side of the family and bah! whatever!

elven chain mails are common toward the end of the game, i think.

------------------

Tifa has her Cloud, Squall his Rinoa, Sephiroth?? hehe