Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 11-09-2002, 10:09 AM   #111
Kaltia
Jack Burton

OUCHIES!
LOL@Colin...harder than Galadria? [img]tongue.gif[/img] you're my butch elf anyway [img]smile.gif[/img]
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 01:32 PM   #112
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Here is some more, newly expanded. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sefa at first was consumed with despair and lay with dry eyes on the hard little bed, staring at the ceiling for hours. Then, her natural resilience and optimism asserted themselves and she started to seach her prison. As captives will, she got to know every bit of it, and examined it ceaselessly for weaknesses. All that rewarded her efforts was a small ventilation shaft at the bottom of the wall under her bed. She began to work at this with a spoon from one of the meals that a golem would bring regularly. She hid the debris under her pillow, so that Snurll would not see it when he made one of his infrequent visits to mock her and tell her of how his researches were going.
After a couple of weeks had passed, she hurriedly ate a meal and scuttled under the cot to work on the widening hole. When she reached it, however, she was shocked to see something looking back. It was a single bright green eye! The shock and fear turned to joy, however, to hear Noemi's well-known voice hissing at her. "Sefa!" she whispered.

Galadria had lost no time in journeying to the tower, and had made camp just out of sight of the walls. Odo had wanted to shoot at the golems guarding it, but Galadria, furious but cold, forbade it. "It would just tell him that we are here," she reasoned. "Let him think that we are doing nothing. It may cause him to relax his guard."
She cast masking spells to conceal them from the golems and alarm spells. Thorough reconaissance had revealed no entrance to the tower. Snurll let himself in and out magically. Furtive digging showed the foundations to go down into the earth for quite a distance. Noemi reported this to her sister sadly, but was puzzled to hear, "No difficulty, there" in response. That night, she bade the others to gather at the wall, and, as they guarded her, seemed to go into a trance.
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 04:07 PM   #113
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

"you're my butch elf anyway" I'll get YOU for that later. [img]tongue.gif[/img] hehe, thanks for posting Lady G
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 09:10 AM   #114
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

You're welcome! Thanks to you two. I have been stalled and now am forced to get on with finishing it.
Her consciousness concentrated on smaller and smaller areas of the wall in front of her, and finally she located a pit in its smooth, shining surface. Her mind inserted itself in this pit, and began to magically alter its nature. It was a small pit. This, she changed, by only one reference. It was now a large pit. She attacked the other aspect. It was not now a pit, it was a hole. A large hole. The reference inverted. It was a large hole all the way through the wall. She found the, to her, simple ward spell. I cannot let you in, it said apologetically, I must warn the master.
Her mind overcame it. No you don't, she replied. Your orders are to not let anyone in but me and my kin.
The spell altered, reformed by her magic. Yes, it said, you and your blood are welcome here, the master does not need to be informed.
So it was that Noemi, skillful at sneaking and avoiding traps, was sent in to locate her. Now, she had succeeded. "Be quiet," she instructed. "Gal and everybody are here. We're going to rescue you. But, there may be listening spells in your cell. Don't say a word. Don't worry about me. Gal convinced the place that I'm all right, don't ask me how. I'm gonna go get her. She isn't as good at this as I am," she finished with pride, glad to better than her formidable sister at something. She then disappeared. Sefa settled down for a long wait, trying to curb her impatience, but in a few minutes only, Galadria's black eye was seen in the opening.
Sefa wanted to shout in joy and relief, but held her tongue. "Hold on a minute longer, Sefa," her mistress instructed in a low voice. The eye then closed, leaving Sefa to gaze adoringly at its silky lashes. Then, the opening suddenly enlarged. Galadria was seen laying on the other side, her cheek on her long-fingered hands. She seemed to be asleep, but Sefa knew better than to break into the mage-trance. Suddenly, her eyes opened and Galadria scrambled up, grabbed Sefa by the hand, and started to run. Immmediately, bells began to ring and horns blew. "Snurll, Snurll, Snurll," voices chanted.
They had almost reached the opening when Snurll himself materialised in front of them. "You," he snarled, recognizing Galadria at once. "Well, you may be mighty and have breached my walls, but you may not act against me, here in my stronghold." He made a gesture, and, out of a sudden clud of mist, two disembodied hands appeared. They clutched her throat with a viselike grip, choking her. She could not get a spell off.
But, Snurrl had forgotten the hole in his wall behind him, and he heard a cold, aristocratic voice say. "No, but then, I am outside your walls, foul thief," A spell from Cythera blasted the hands away, then Odo and Attalus sprang in, attacking Snurrl with mace and sword. He immediately collapsed into a bleeding heap.
Old 11-10-2002, 02:21 PM   #115
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

*grin* oooh good, I hope they capture him, interogate him, then sent him to the abyss... thanks for posting btw . "Force you to finish it?" dont hurry on *my* account... really. *grin* its a great story, and I wouldnt want to rush you. *grin* now to get Att to post on V's Hunt [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2002, 02:34 PM   #116
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

No, really, it was languishing in several versions. This made me think of where the story needed to go.

When he awakened, Snurll found himself securely bound in a chair. He was surrounded by his captors in a spacious study. Galadria herself sat in front of him, tossing a key in her hand, one leg tossed over a chair, revealing a slender leg wearing a utilitarian sandle. The key, he recognized, was to a device at the heart of the doorless tower, which he had used to wear around his neck. His senses told him that the tower was no longer an extension of his will, but another's. He knew immediately who that would be.
"Awake, Master Snurll?" Galadria asked mockingly. "You have had a nice, long nap. Don't worry about your wounds, they are healed, for now. It would have been easy to kill you, but, as I keep telling my friends," here she placed her hand on Sefa's curly head, near her hand since the girl was sitting on the ground at her side, "that there are things in that brain that I want to know. Noticing furious work in his mouth, she added, "Don't bother looking for that poison tooth. My sister found it and my dear Cho," she indicated the drow woman standing a few feet away, radiating hatred, "removed it without killing you. She is rather good at those things. Now, let us begin. If you don't feel lik answering, Lady Chorania has a few tricks that she would like to show you that she picked up in the Underdark.
"I have been investigating this tower," Galadria went on, "while you slept. Strong magic, here, but very inefficiently utilised. The guardian spell was almost laughably easy for me to disable in a crucial area. I conclude that you did not create this place so much as acquire it, knowing your history, dishonestly. So, tell me. How did you get this place?"
Snurll ground his teeth, eyeing each of his captors for a weakness. Galadria had dropped her negligent posture and was watching him alertly, the key tucked away. Sefa remained at her side, hugging her knees and glaring at him remorselessly. The two men, one tall and blonde whom he had briefly glimpsed before, and a stocky, brutish-looking black-bearded man were eyeing him with disapproval, and a petite blonde woman standing behind Galadria was casting some spell and not regarding him at all. There was no sign of the redheaded mage that Galadria referred to as her sister. She was probably behind him.
Old 11-10-2002, 03:39 PM   #117
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

*sniggers* YES, they captured him... *has an evil glint in his eyes* will they torture him now? erm, I mean "interogate"? *grin* thanks for posting.
Old 11-11-2002, 06:20 PM   #118
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

You Are Welcome. Hope you enjoy this. I worked on it all afternoon. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Galadria noticed his eyes flitting from each to another. "No, Master Snurll," she answered the unspoken question, "you will find no friends, here. You may wish to save your worthless life, however. Tell me, how did you get this place. And remember, we have ways to tell if you are lying."
Snurll moistened his lips. Why not, he thought. "Well, Lady Galadria," he began as smoothly as he could, "you know that once I was a footloose adventurer, as I imagine you once were." Galadria gave him a hard look. She did not relish comparisons between herself and the odious Snurll. He noted it an went on. "one day, I was wandering on these same shores, and I came to this tower. For a day or so, I attempted to gain entrance to ... further my researches."
"You mean," Galadria interrupted sweetly, "to see if there was anything worth stealing.."
"Well, my lady, not to try to burk the issue, yes. But even I, Snurll, was unable to gain entrance. So, intrigued, I set myself to watch the place. After a while, I saw an elderly man wearing mage's robes leave the tower. He went into the woods to gather herbs, and unfortunately, became caught in a snare."
"Which, I am sure, you set," added Galadria. "Continue."
Snurll gave her a look of injured innocence, but went on. "I was able to free the man from the snare, and in gratitude, he invited me into his tower. Later on, he met with an accident," here he coughed, "and died. I was able to take over, and bend the tower's magic to my will.'
Chorania sneered at him. "How much of that are we supposed to believe, thief?" she asked rhetorically. "How long did you watch him, spying out his paths, so as to set the snare in the optimum place? How did you get past his mistrust, surely great in an elderly man, living alone? How did you persuade him to let you stay long enough to spy out the secrets of this place, before you murdered him? I suppose we shall never know, and a good thing, too."
Even bound, Snurll flared at this. "I care not whether you believe me or not, drow bitch," he began, but froze as he felt the sharp stick of a knife in the back of his neck. Noemi's voice came from behind him. "Now, Master Snurll, you must get one thing straight. You are alive at our suffrance. Myself, I should separate your neckbones with this knife if it were up to me, but my sister bids me otherwise. But she did tell me that I could assure your good behavior. So, don't press me too much."
"I am trying to assist, whoever-you-are," Snurll added cooly, though Chorania noted that sweat had popped out on his brow, "but this drow...I mean this lady..." he added as Noemi's knife bit deeper, " is interupting, amking it difficult to manage my thoughts."
Old 11-11-2002, 06:50 PM   #119
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Thanks for posting Lady G (I hope they DONT spare his life, I dont like that theif one bit... send him to the abyss [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) hehe. Still its gets better [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2002, 01:50 PM   #120
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

LOL, neither do I:

"Try to manage long enough," Galadria interrupted him, " to tell me what you thought you were going to accomplish with poor Sefa. I find it difficult to understand why you would sacrifice your own flesh and blood, in your phrase."
Snurll wet his lips. "I suppose that my dear daughter told you of that. And why not?" Here he directed a sorrowful look at Sefa, who returned it with an unchanging, stony stare. He went back to Galadria. "My Marissa, my only love. I came across a god that told me that if I sacrificed her on a certain night, and then cut her body in two, in the way that he said, he could return her to me."
Several in the room made noises of surprise and disgust at this. He swung his head around, facing them each in turn, eyes blazing. "Would you not have done the same? If you could have your love back?"
Attalus took it upon himself to answer, putting a hand on Galadria's shoulder.. "No, evil thief, I would not," he said slowly. "I have no child to think on, but not even to get my treasure back would I do such a hideous thing. For one thing, she would hate me for it, though not as much as I would hate myself. Was your lover, then, of such a mind as you that nothing is to be hesitated at, as long as you were happy? A pretty pair you would have made. But I doubt this, for Sefa, her child, is a sweet and loving girl. No, look not to me."
"Lost to me my love is," Noemi added from behind, with a strange impression on her face, "though not dead. But I would not harm my child to get my love back, no, not even from the Abyss. As Attalus says, not love but hate would be the result."
"Nor I, cur," Odo spoke with revulsion in his voice. "Were I to lose my Cythera, my heart would be broken, sure, but to behave as you have would betray our love to the point where it could no longer exist, even were she restored to me. Who is this foul thing that calls itself a god? How did you contact it?"
Snull pointed with his chin at a stautue in a nook on the wall to his left. "Eleazar, he called himself. I found that staue in a ruin in a Calimshite jungle, where black men had prayed to it. I worshipped it and, after a while, he came to me in dreams to tell me what I must do."
Odo went over to the nook and examined the statue without touching it. Finally, he laughed a humorless laugh and turned to the bound thief. "Little good would you have of your sacrifice, Snurll," he commented. "That is a statue of what the Calimshite natives call Ygg, which is another name for our old acquaintance, Bane, the god of murder. If I know anything of it, he would have appeared after you had murdered and mutilated your only daughter and mocked you for a fool. He loves to trick people into foul deeds for little or no gain at all, and he is a great liar." Snurll slumped in his ropes.

[ 11-12-2002, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Galadria ]