Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2001, 01:11 AM   #21
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Leafy:
Welcome, Schemlcome! you can all go home now as far as i'm concerned! And don't think that just because you're welcoming me that i'm gonna like you! you think i appreciate that kind of stuff? if i wanna hear "thank you very much, please come again" i'll go to the local Quick-E mart and talk to Apuo. And that's another thing, how come we don't have a cool IWD store full of patches, editors, script compilers, portraits, waves, and my coolest screenshots?
In the ghetto, we don't put a welcome mat on our shack, but if you wanna come in we'll still hook ya up real nicey nice.
I mean, unless you guys are going for the whole "professional customer service" aspect here, we can quit with the nicey nice posts, can't we? I'm sure the newbies ignore the batch welcomes as well as I. It seems to me that those who send the welcome messages are part of "the club" (you know, that one that gives you 1,000 posts next to your name on your first day) or are simply advertising their own handle. pppfffftt!
If you REALLY want to welcome someone, give them that personal touch. (no, not THERE) Reply to their question with some help and add something like "Welcome to our board Dipshit-Do'Urden hope you like it here."
But otherwise, PLEASE SPARE US.
Well hello mr. sunshine. Just curious where in wisconsin is this ghetto you come from? you can go piss off to it if it infact exists you poser. Hows that? is that the kind of welcome you were suggesting? didnt think so please be nice and remove the stick thats currently up your ass ok

caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 01:15 AM   #22
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
Well hello mr. sunshine. Just curious where in wisconsin is this ghetto you come from? you can go piss off to it if it infact exists you poser. Hows that? is that the kind of welcome you were suggesting? didnt think so please be nice and remove the stick thats currently up your ass ok

ROTFLMAO

caleb, be nice !!! We don't flame the flamers... That's stooping to their level...
I'm sure Leafy will learn his lesson, and apologize to Cloudy... SOON

------------------
RudeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 02:40 AM   #23
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

This coming from a guy called RUDEdawg....false advertising man
caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 03:25 AM   #24
Bluestar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cloudbringer,

That was a wonderful welcome! I'm glad to meet you and am happy that you are around.
Bluestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 06:10 AM   #25
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluestar:
Cloudbringer,

That was a wonderful welcome! I'm glad to meet you and am happy that you are around.

Welcome Bluestar!

I'm not Cloudy, just a sort of unofficial deputy, lol! Nice to see you! Feel free to investigate and post comments/ask questions on all the forums on the board!
See ya around!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 06-03-2001).]
Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 09:09 AM   #26
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

Great Googley-Moogley! I had no idea i was pissing in the wind! And to say such hurtfull things to a lady! I'm so sorry ::grovel::

so what's with the welcomes anyways? Is IW making the big time now?
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 09:19 AM   #27
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

ROFL!!

Nah! We just like to be nice! The WELCOME mat is really Cloudy's baby, though. Jus' keep grovellin' Leafy..... and we may forgive you for being nasty to her, lol!
Cloudy already forgave you!

Anyway, we are glad you are here and I personally have found your posts (apart from THAT one, LOL!) to be sensible and useful! Keep posting, pal!

------------------

Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 10:50 AM   #28
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluestar:
Cloudbringer,

Thank you Bluestar! Nice to hear from you. As Fljotsdale said, make yourself at home and check out other forums too! We have a lot to offer here at Ironworks!

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Cloudbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 10:58 AM   #29
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Great Googley-Moogley! I had no idea i was pissing in the wind! And to say such hurtfull things to a lady! I'm so sorry ::grovel::

Hmmm... Have you actually seen a Googley-Moogley ? ROTFL!

Hey Leafy, I too have seen your game posts. Very informative and helpful, thanks!

And the Welcome is because it makes (most) new members feel more at ease asking questions and checking out other forums. I first came to IW to check the Icewind Dale walkthroughs and although I lurked a little on the forum, I never posted my questions. Why? Because it seemed like everyone knew each other and I didn't want to drop in uninvited. Thus my welcome threads. In hopes of making everyone feel welcome to participate. There are a lot more lurkers out there than you might guess and some of them may be inspired to come in and post.

And now that I've answered what may have been a tongue in cheek and totally rhetorical question, I'll meander on over to GD for a bit! You won't get all mushy on me now, will ya?! HAHAHAHA

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Cloudbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 01:37 PM   #30
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:

Nice save, Leafy !

Welcomes are a nice way for the new folks here to see the attitude of the board. We hate telling people what they can, or can't post. But, with the great examples of long-time posters, many have found that they can easily fit in the cool atmosphere here. It's a haven for those who are tired of the "flames" that seem to be the norm at other boards...

------------------
RudeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote