Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2003, 01:19 PM   #1
Gazza
Banned User

I think the title of the post says it all. What game/book/comic etc. would you like to see made into a movie. Personally i'd like to see a Mechwarrior movie.
Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 02:15 PM   #2
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I would like to see a well done werewolf: the apocalypse movie (ie from teh wolf's POV, most werewolf movies don't try to get inside the head of the beast, and use them as simple killing machines, not holy warriors with a higher purpose (as they see themselves).
Old 01-28-2003, 03:19 PM   #3
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Definitely Baldurs Gate 2. I think that would make an awesome movie. Irenicus is the shizzity shiznit.
Old 01-28-2003, 03:27 PM   #4
Rokenn
Galvatron

I'd like to see Dune get the LotR treatment. Both the Lynch and SciFi channels treatments were sorely lacking. Lynch's had great casting, but the story was butchered beyond recognition. The ScfFi channels version stayed close to the story, but the acting was flat and the production values looked like a made for TV movie.
Old 01-28-2003, 03:37 PM   #5
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
I'd like to see Dune get the LotR treatment. Both the Lynch and SciFi channels treatments were sorely lacking. Lynch's had great casting, but the story was butchered beyond recognition. The ScfFi channels version stayed close to the story, but the acting was flat and the production values looked like a made for TV movie.
Amen. The Lynch version was absolutely awful - they took the boring bits of the story and spent 2 hours on them, and then they skimmed through the actual plot in the last hour... And whoever wrote the production design had obviously not read the books that thoroughly - the baron floating? WTF? I know he has suspensors but in the novels people have to look for the "tell-tale signs" for that to be noticed. Floating a few feet in the air is one big tell-tale sign.

Besides that I'd have to go with Good Omens by Pratchett and Gaiman. An absoutely quality work of fiction, hysterically funny in places.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 03:47 PM   #6
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
And whoever wrote the production design had obviously not read the books that thoroughly - the baron floating? WTF? I know he has suspensors but in the novels people have to look for the "tell-tale signs" for that to be noticed. Floating a few feet in the air is one big tell-tale sign.
lol, the floating fat man was the worst part of the movie. The baron's evil and depravity was much more subtle then Lynch is caple of showing IMO. And were they hell did the lame idea of heart plugs come from?
Old 01-28-2003, 04:29 PM   #7
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

I would like to see the Dragonlance Chronicals be made into a movie.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Iron_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 05:17 PM   #8
SomeGuy
Unicorn

I wanna see the Icewind Dale trilogy or the The Dark Elf trilogy made into a movie..or Baldur's Gate. Great thread dude.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 05:53 PM   #9
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
lol, the floating fat man was the worst part of the movie. The baron's evil and depravity was much more subtle then Lynch is caple of showing IMO. And were they hell did the lame idea of heart plugs come from?
I quite agree - Lynch made the baron a typical grotesque, which he isn't in my mind. He's supposed to be ruthless, not foolishly evil and always looking slightly out of his depth as in the film. In the film the Emporer pulls the strings, but in the book the Emporer is largely powerless througout (he even has to rely on Fenring at the end as I recall). So they took away the barons power and sense of true identity in making him a caricature of base humanity.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 06:06 PM   #10
Sir Goulum
John Locke

The Hobbit.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote