Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2001, 01:47 AM   #1
Matt359
Welcomed New User

I'm in the serpent's temple. And you know the two steel-floored rooms with the pits going into the water at the bottom of the temple? I can get in there, and swim up the tunnel and kill the unholy filth, but then I can't get any further into the tunnel. I get stuck right where the tunnel comes up out of the water, and I usually drown there while trying to figure out how to get out. Nothing seems to work. Is this some kind of bug or what?
Also, in an attempt to get the cure poison spell, I bought my priest/paladin a couple of levels in vine magic, putting me at level 4, but when I level, I only have the option of selecting new spells up to level 2. what's up with that?
Matt359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 06:18 AM   #2
Marcos The Black
Dungeon Master

Hi Mat

I can´t remember the serpent temple right, but the other problem. (had a comparable one)

When you change the role of a partymember, to a role that doesn´t allow the same books of magic, then you´re hero isn´t any longer able to use the full range. So he is only able to cast speels from half the level of the book (level 4 -> only spells up to level 2) So you have to increase the vine skill to level 8 to gain cure poison.

Exceptions are warlocks and zen masters the don´t have these malus.
so i would suggest to let your priest/paladin become a warlock (in most cases i found some powerfull spells more useful than an additenal sword)
Marcos The Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 11:16 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Matt359!

Many a player has gotten stuck in that underwater passage! Try using your smallest player as the lead and see if that helps. Try squirming around, sometimes that helps.

If you still can't get through, you have a choice -
You can skip it. What you get at the end of the tunnel is the snake idol which will give you access to the Book of Servants in the library. This book contains the responses you will need to make to the Naga Spirit when you perform the ritual. The responses can be found in the BEST TIPS thread.
OR
You can zip up your saved game and send it to either Xignal or myself and we'll see if we can get you past this tricky bit (we've both done this for other players). I seem to have difficulties with emailing back saved games to players of late - so Xignal would be a better choice but ask him first!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 05:35 PM   #4
Matt359
Welcomed New User

Thanks, Wyvern. It worked! I got through by wiggling around and shifting between characters and eventually I got out, a little water-logged but okay.
And thank you, Marcos. I might try switching to warlock. Oh, by the way, if I do that, can my (current) paladin still use her mace and armor?

Happy gaming.
Matt
Matt359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 05:57 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

YAY!!!!

Glad you managed to wiggle on through!

If you change to a Warlock - you won't be able to equip your armor and mace Still may very well be worth doing though!

Wyv