Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 11-05-2000, 01:02 AM   #1
shazzm

I desperately hope somebody can help me. I've looked through the manual, the Official Guide Book, the readme file on the CD, Interplay's site and anywhere else I can think of, and can't find any indication of an answer to my problem, which is: MULTICLASSING! I have two multi-classed characters - a cleric/mage and a fighter/thief. Everything seemed fine to begin with, but after each of these characters gained a level, all of a sudden I was unable to access any of their abilities in their second class. When I try to cast a spell from my cleric/mage, I can see all her memorised cleric and mage spells, but the mage spells are darkened as though the spells have already been cast (they haven't - EVER!), and I can't access them. Similarly, my thief has the thieving ability buttons darkened, and I can't access any of those skills. Is this normal? Is there a fix, or some simple way of accessing these skills that I have overlooked? There's not much point to having a multi-classed character if you only get the benefits of one of the classes!

PLEASE HELP!!! I can't bear to keep playing so long as this problem persists.
Old 11-05-2000, 01:51 AM   #2
Wrath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

First off, are these multi-classed characters, or dual-classed (human)? There is a difference, in that dual-classes are formed after the character has been made, and when you choose a second profession, the original skills become unuseable until you reach an equal level in the new profession. Now, if you started them off with two skills (non-human), then the problem is simply that your gear is restricting your abilities. Cleric/Mages can only cast Mage spells with no armor on, like normal, and Thieves need to be wearing Studded Leather or less, or a set of Elven Chainmail, no matter if they are multiclassed or not. That should take care of any problems you have.

-Wrath
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote