Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2005, 03:03 AM   #1
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

Hi all, I am constantly running into problems with Minsc stopping and turning to say something when I am trying to move my party. I have SoA and ToB installed along with the patch and and fixpack for ToB. I have a few mods installed (all weidu). This does not happen until about an hour or so of real time playing after leaving the dungeon. Usually it occurs after leaving the circus (saving Airee) or leaving the Copper Coronet (saving Hendak)...whichever I do first. Also, there are times I can not quick save b/c I am in "dialogue mode". I have seen references to the dialogue.tlk file on the board...if this turns out to be the problem is it solvable without having to reinstall everything? Any help would be greatly appreciated. It only seems to happen with Minsc (who just happens to be my favorite NPC b/c of his banter) and I don't want to get rid of him. Thanks in advance!
Stonewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 03:25 AM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

It should be if you have the original file backed up somewhere. If you have copy it into your BG2 folder and re-install the mods.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 11:49 AM   #3
Andyr
Manshoon

Which mods do you have?
[url]\"http://www.gibberlings3.net/\" target=\"_blank\">\"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see...\"</a> - G3: Home of IE mods<br /><br />[url]\"http://forums.gibberlings3.net\" target=\"_blank\">Forums</a><br /><br /><i>JCompton:</i> Suggested plugs include \"Click here so Compton doesn\'t ban me. [url]\"http://www.pocketplane.net/ub\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.pocketplane.net/ub</a> \"
Andyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 01:47 PM   #4
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

I uninstalled all of the mods and copied by dialogue.tlk file from another computer that had no mods. I reloaded the game and had no problems with Minsc or anyone else stopped to talk while moving. So, I reinstalled Virtue, underrepresented items, item upgrade along with portions of Ease of Use and Unfinished Business, Dungeon be Gone and the Gibberlings 3 anniversary mod. After doing this and reloaded the game in question Minsc again stops moving.

Do I need to start a new game after making all of these changes? Is that part of my problem? When loading saved games from my first trip through BG 2 I don't have these problems (those saved files were unmodded originally).

I have not really had a chance to experience any of the new mods yet other than Dungeon be Gone and a couple of new encounters along the way. I have made the first contact for the G3 mod as well. I really want to try the mods but keep running into what I am assuming are "user errors".

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-06-2005, 03:29 PM   #5
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I had this problem as well and I had installed all mods (correctly ) before starting a new game, so I don't think that is your problem. The mods I used that you used as well were virtue, unfinished business dungeon be gone, gibberlings, and item upgrade. I assumed it was because of the unfinished business mod with Minsc's quest, but that was just because it was Minsc and no one else. Try uninstalling that section of unfinished business to test. I eventually had to just get rid of Minsc because it was so frustrating, but on the bright side, no one else did it.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:56 PM   #6
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

I uninstalled Mincs's quest and then after replacing the dialogue.tlk file did not install his quest and still had the problem. I think I am just going to create another "tank" type and do the multi player thing. I am not found of Keldorn or Anomen and have never tried Mazzy. If Korgan were not CE I would take him as I like the power of dwarf's.

Dose anyone know of any "good" aligned fighter types? I have found what seem to be very few "good" NPC's other than bards or sorcerer's. I have downloaded Solafein, but do not want to wait that long to get him.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:29 AM   #7
CamDawg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Minsc has a stutter bug with the newest version of Virtue if I remember correctly--try uninstalling it and see if the problem persists.

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.
CamDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 11:39 AM   #8
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

Thanks Camdawg, I will do that as soon as I get home. He seems to be the only one I had problems with. I had resigned myself to using Korgan until I am able to acquire someone else to fill his role. Even my son doesn't like him. lol

On a side note, I installed Kelsey last night (as an alternative to Airee/Nalia) and so far am liking him...though I only played with him for about an hour. I also installed Kitanya though we are unable to go to Umar Hills as of yet.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:09 AM   #9
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

Camdawg, you rock! Problem was solved as soon as I uninstalled the Virtue mod. I hope the next version fixes the bug as I liked the concept of the mod. I can finally get my favorite NPC back!!!