Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 11-18-2002, 05:54 PM   #1
Gazza
Banned User

I recently found out who the villians are for the next Spiderman movie. Doctor Octopus and The Lizard and Bruce Campbell (Ash from Army of Darkness for those who aren't aware) will be playing The Lizard.
Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 11:34 PM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

<font color = lightgreen>Whoop-de-doo. [img]graemlins/dontknowaboutyou.gif[/img] Two of the most pathetic villains against which Spiderman could be matched. I would have chosen Kraven the Hunter and... [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] ...well, I'm just not certain. Neither the Shocker nor Electro...definitely not Venom or Carnage (I despised those characters)...maybe Mysterio, except he is also worthless. I could see turning Harry into the Hobgoblin, but that would be too predictable, don't you know. Black Cat, perhaps? That would get some extra depth, as Peter/Spiderman wobbles between her and Mary Jane. Oh, well...I'm not writing the screenplay. *sigh* [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img] </font>

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 12:43 AM   #3
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

This whole ordeal has gone awry. Everyone knows that sequels are the most criticized, and the directors and producers spend less time on detail and more on plotline, which IMHO is as sketchy as a cheap cartoon.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 10:14 AM   #4
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

we knew the Lizard was coming, as Doctor Connors was mentioned in the first one... Doc Oc could be ok. But I don't see the need to have multiple villains in the movie. That's what screwed up Batman-- too many villains without any time to develop them. (well, that and other things screwed Batman up...)
Old 11-19-2002, 01:19 PM   #5
ronan
The Magister

I heard Bruce Campbell was going to be Doc.Oc am I a wibbling idiot or has anyone else heard this?
Old 11-21-2002, 01:34 AM   #6
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Where was Dr Conners mentioned in the first movie?

And how can anyone hate Venom and Carnage? Those two are the best by far! Venom would make an awesome opponent (rather than the pretty boring Doc Oct)
Old 11-21-2002, 03:58 PM   #7
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Well, I think if the movies are basically going to stick to the storyline of the comics, these are the next 2 appropriate villains. Let's hope they don't "Batman" it, of course. As for sequels, Stan Lee said in a TV interview they have idead on the next 4 lined up. If they're anywhere near as good, I'll pay.
Old 11-22-2002, 10:38 AM   #8
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

Lifetime, Dr. Connors was mentioned in passing, when Peter told Harry he'd been fired by Dr. Connors for being late again.
Old 11-23-2002, 07:07 AM   #9
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Ah hah.. Little things like that I dont catch. Apparently the movie ties in with IronMan. Stark Enterprises is supposedly mentioned as Oscorp's rival. I'm quite sure it was Quest Aerospace though..
Old 11-27-2002, 10:42 AM   #10
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

Yes, it was Quest. I would have noticed a reference to Stark. [img]smile.gif[/img]