Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 04-26-2005, 05:07 AM   #1
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Playing kensai dualled to wizard. I've currently dualled to wizard but have not yet regained my kensai classes.

Anyway, here is the bug: some spell scrolls appear red meaning I cannot use them in quickslots. These are stoneskin, protection from lightning and maybe 1 or 2 others (all of them being "blue" protective type).

They are mage scrolls and I can write them to my spellbook and cast them normally. only I cant put them in quickslots and cast it from scroll.

Whats stranger is that it doesnt happen to all scrolls of that type. There are some stoneskin scrolls which I can use normally.

Any ideas?

SoA+ToB+patch+baldurdash.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:33 AM   #2
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

maybe its a bug in your patch?
try SKing one in and try that, it may help, to show if it isw a problem with the individual scrolls? hope that helped.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:50 AM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

It's not really a problem to me since I very very rarely cast from scrolls. But I just thought I'll let you know.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:58 AM   #4
CamDawg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Protection from lightning appears to be intended as a divine spell--only druids, clerics, rangers and paladins can use it. This is not mentioned anywhere in the description.

Stoneskin has two scroll versions, one of which has a redundant kensai-unusable flag. This extra flag is a bug and is what's causing the scroll to show up as red. Taking a very quick look through the scrolls, it appears that Fireshield (Blue), Protection from Electricity (is this what you meant instead of Protection from Lightning?), and Pierce Shield have the same issue.

More fixes for the Fixpack. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.
CamDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:28 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by CamDawg:
Stoneskin has two scroll versions, one of which has a redundant kensai-unusable flag..... it appears that Fireshield (Blue), Protection from Electricity (is this what you meant instead of Protection from Lightning?), and Pierce Shield have the same issue.
Not just Kensai--I have had Fighter/Mages (although I currently forget whether they were Dual or Multi) that had the same problem.

The Drow Piwafwi Cloak is currently usable by Wizard Slayers.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:27 PM   #6
CamDawg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah, those spells pretty much have every kit flag set except for the mage and bard ones. And we already have the Piwawfi Cloak/WS. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:06 AM   #7
ZFR
Legion Symbol

ok thanks.

Yes i meant protection from electricity.

Thank God I can at least write those scrolls to spellbook. Couldnt have survived without stoneskin.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:01 PM   #8
whathuh
The Magister

There are two rays of enfeeblement, remove curse (wizard version), farsight, protection from evil, sunfire, stoneskin, symbol death and symbol stun.

There are some scrolls that I havent bothered to write down that my thief can use prior to UAI.

My fighter-druid and my avenger type can use regular wakizashis, but not more advanced ones like kachiko's.

But the different scrolls cannot be written over top of eachother. No two stoneskins, but the two scrolls are not stackable.
whathuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 09:12 PM   #9
CamDawg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The only scroll usable by thieves I could find was Protection from the Elements. If you find others, please let us know for the Fixpack.

Wakizashis are unusable by druids (and fighter-druids by extension) per their description. Unfortunately, Kachiko's Wakizashi is the only one that actually gets it right. I also found some other druid v. fighter-druid weapon inconsistencies. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-11-2005, 04:44 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

There are other usability-variant duplicate items besides scrolls, as well. For example, Aerie is somehow unable to don the Adventurer's Robe worn by the Conjurer in the Random City Encounters component of Tactics.