Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2004, 04:37 AM   #41
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Glad you had so much fun! Food and wine trip... whoa!

Even with the surburn on your legs, it was all worth it I reckon! Happy [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2004, 04:55 AM   #42
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

So we figured we needed to find the owner of the apartments, a bearded Greek old hag called Eva that always came snooping around the rooms when she thought no one was there. Around this time also, we realised we were walking around in sort of flimsy nightwear. This became especially apparent as we were standing outside in the street checking for signs of Eva. A couple of Greeks walked past and Anouhk got a fit of hysterical giggles as she saw them gawk. I'd forgotten my nighttie was semi-transparent. [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]
After more hysterical laughing and fruitless calling for Eva, we decided to go back up and get our towels from the drying rack outside and sleep on the beach. I got a brilliant flash of inspiration and put on my bikini under the nightgown - forgotten it was hanging there as well. [img]graemlins/doh.gif[/img]
But after about half an hour of shivering on the beach, we figured we couldn't possibly spend the night there, so we went back to the apartment to sit there and read until 7:30, when Eva would arrive to open the shop. Wrapped in towels and shivering, I had resigned myself to a night outside when Anouhk decided to try and break into the apartment one last time.... And through some stroke of genius, she managed to wriggle open the clasp on the inside of the window shutters using only a ballpoint pen! The windows themselves were open, so finally, around 3:30 and cheered on by most of our neighbours who couldn't sleep either, we climbed through the window and we were IN! Whoo!! I'll never doubt her burglary skills again. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
ROFLMAO! Oh man, That's awesome! Now, Sarah, being the young academic that you are, you realise we're going to need evidence of such an event. Preferably photographs... of two hot young Dutch chicks.... in bikinis.... and see-through nighties.... on a Greek island.... All in the name of historical documentation of course, you understand [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-21-2004, 04:57 AM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]
Old 07-21-2004, 05:08 AM   #43
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
ROFLMAO! Oh man, That's awesome! Now, Sarah, being the young academic that you are, you realise we're going to need evidence of such an event. Preferably photographs... of two hot young Dutch chicks.... in bikinis.... and see-through nighties.... on a Greek island.... All in the name of historical documentation of course, you understand [img]smile.gif[/img]
You're so predictable Aaron. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
No pics, of course... the camera was still inside.
Anyway mate, I sent you a card because you were so envious of my holiday... let me know if you ever get it will ya?
Old 07-21-2004, 05:35 AM   #44
The Hierophant

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
You're so predictable Aaron. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
No pics, of course... the camera was still inside.
Anyway mate, I sent you a card because you were so envious of my holiday... let me know if you ever get it will ya?
Hey, I was only saying what chivalry and academic citation dictated [img]smile.gif[/img] If that's predictable, then blame the gentlemanly tradition m'dear [img]tongue.gif[/img]
And provided the punk-ass high school kids that live in the hostel next door don't trash our mailbox again I'll let you when I get the card. [img]smile.gif[/img] Incidentally, my sister apparently sent one a couple of days ago from her holiday in Barcelona. The paper-race between Crete and Spain to get to Dunedin is on!!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2004, 06:25 AM   #45
Grojlach
Zartan

Sounds like you had a great time, Sarah, especially in the "you had to be there" department (Aaron will most likely agree with me on that ).
Got your card as well, though are you sure you weren't secretly spending your holiday on the Industrial Site Ekkersrijt, here in Eindhoven, instead, and decided to drop it off personally at my door? As it immediately struck me that the postage stamp wasn't, well, stamped. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Mind you, Ekkersrijt is especially good this time of year, concrete buildings and an interesting aroma of fumes and everything.
(note that there was some sort of orange-ish binary code elsewhere on the card, but let's just ignore that for now )

Either way, glad you've enjoyed yourself, Sarah. [img]smile.gif[/img] To stick with battery analogies, I guess you'll be able to beat those annoying Duracell rabbits now, huh? Unless they challenge you to a tapdance contest, that is...

[ 07-21-2004, 06:33 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 07-21-2004, 10:43 AM   #46
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Welcome back, Mel. Glad you had fun.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:22 AM   #47
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Hey, Groj, wouldnt those bunnies be from the Energizer camp?
Old 07-21-2004, 02:40 PM   #48
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Ah hey, welcome back! Glad you had a good time. I had a pretty wicked holiday too, although it was MUCH LESS LAZY than your holiday (120km hike)! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Well you can see some photos on Stealthy's. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 07-21-2004, 10:57 PM   #49
The Hierophant

Update: Both postcards arrived in the mail today Mel. Since my sister's one is dated a week after yours all I can say is that the Cretan postal service must be full of cretins.... get it? GET IT? Huh? Do ya get it? Huh? Do ya?

Yeah, OK, I'm leaving.... [img]smile.gif[/img]

But before I getthafuggouttahere in shame, I gotta say thanks man!! That place looks stunning! I would be insanely jealous, but I kinda already burned out my envy-gland when you posted that beach pic before you left. So now I'm just happy for you.... with a slightly numbed twinge of holiday-covetousness

[ 07-21-2004, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]
Old 07-22-2004, 04:42 AM   #50
Link
Jack Burton

Welcome back, Mel [img]smile.gif[/img] Glad to hear you had a great time on Crete, including your night gown incident, of course

And Hiero, that one was just awful! [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]