Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-06-2001, 11:57 PM   #1
Bristowe
Elminster

There's a dude in the pub in trademeet that goes crazy and disapears when he sees you. Says something about another bhaal-child as well. Anyone know what the hell is his story? Very interesting but also bloody anoying...Expansion perhaps?

------------------
Yes indeed...
Old 05-07-2001, 12:21 AM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

He does have some pretty interesting equipment if you [ctrl] + [Q] him, however they cannot be removed.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-07-2001, 12:26 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Wait till ToB, all will be revealed.

------------------
Old 05-07-2001, 05:39 AM   #4
Killer
Banned User

menmoch do yuo now he is goin to come in tob?.

death is the way of life Killer
Old 05-07-2001, 01:13 PM   #5
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

There has been some discussion that Viekang was originally intended to be part of the plot in BG2, but was not finished due to lack of time to complete. Apparently, rumor has it that (as Memnoch stated) all will be revealed in ToB.

There are lots of loose ends in BG2 if you look around. Seems like a few things were started but not finished.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-07-2001, 02:03 PM   #6
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
i thought they did all the 'losse ends' just too be anoyying,i do that to palyers all the time,hehe,damn fun too
Old 05-07-2001, 04:18 PM   #7
The Pope
Elite Waterdeep Guard

BioWare stated on the Black Isle boards that the Viekang thing would be explained in ToB.

My thoughts:

I really have no idea...
Honest.
Perhaps he's a Bhaalspawn himself, although that would be kinda weird since he was struck by lightning when he saw you. If you went and talk to him with an NPC, he says that he's called "the Lightning Rod" . He could also be fleeing Tehyr or something, as that's where the Bhaalspawns are duking out (and where I'll duke them out good ).

However it may be, it will sure prove to be interesting to say the least. Kind of like the pantaloons enigma, that's been troubling me since BG1 it has... can't wait to find those Nickel Panties... them Silver Pantaloons should've been called Pantalets thoug, if you read the Golden Pantaloons' description... but I'm ranting... and you can't help it... but I'll stop... right after this sentence... which is right now... now.

I remind myself of Jan, sometimes...
*shiver*

------------------
GameBanshee, where I shall be a moderator, one day...
Old 05-07-2001, 04:29 PM   #8
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by The Pope:
BioWare stated on the Black Isle boards that the Viekang thing would be explained in ToB.

My thoughts:

However it may be, it will sure prove to be interesting to say the least. Kind of like the pantaloons enigma, that's been troubling me since BG1 it has... can't wait to find those Nickel Panties... them Silver Pantaloons should've been called Pantalets thoug, if you read the Golden Pantaloons' description... but I'm ranting... and you can't help it... but I'll stop... right after this sentence... which is right now... now.
Ah, here's a guy with his head screwed on! Nickel Panties, right on!

I remember hearing somewhere that Viekang was a winner of some competition set by BioWare to have their own BG character appear in an apparently pointless episode in BG2, but this may be an idle rumour.

Tancred

Old 05-07-2001, 09:27 PM   #9
Desuma_Malevois

Inspired by the posts that I read here, I paused the game before Viekang saw my protagonist and then I not only talked to him but I also tried attacking him.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

From comments that he made it is my impression that he's another Bhaalspawn, although I could be wrong.

Old 05-07-2001, 09:28 PM   #10
Halbred
The Magister

any chance that you could post what he said =)