Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2001, 05:12 PM   #61
Lord Shield

The door opens fast, a gale briefly blasting through it. The torches flicker. The shadows flicker, then coalesce into a single humanoid figure with a staff
in hand.

His measured pace approaches the assembly, a whisper coming out of his cowl, though no features but his red eyes are visible. The whisper is audible to all, however, as if it touches their minds

"I am Eclipse. You would do well to listen, for what I have to purport to you may affect your futures. Your people plan to build a temple on the ruins of an old city 25 miles East of here. I shall warn you once: DON'T"

The figure dissipates and vanishes

------------------
Lord Raptor's Site

Ironworks Dark General
BG2 Tavern Keeper
King of Pointlessness

Old 10-05-2001, 05:31 PM   #62
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

well why should we listen to thee? ye didnt even stay around to give us an explanation!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Page in the Court of Lady Lioness

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-05-2001, 05:36 PM   #63
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
well why should we listen to thee? ye didnt even stay around to give us an explanation!

That's because it's enigmatic

you don't know if it was a warning or a threat that way

------------------
Lord Raptor's Site

Ironworks Dark General
BG2 Tavern Keeper
King of Pointlessness

Old 10-05-2001, 06:12 PM   #64
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
The door opens fast, a gale briefly blasting through it. The torches flicker. The shadows flicker, then coalesce into a single humanoid figure with a staff
in hand.

His measured pace approaches the assembly, a whisper coming out of his cowl, though no features but his red eyes are visible. The whisper is audible to all, however, as if it touches their minds

"I am Eclipse. You would do well to listen, for what I have to purport to you may affect your futures. Your people plan to build a temple on the ruins of an old city 25 miles East of here. I shall warn you once: DON'T"

The figure dissipates and vanishes

Neb strokes his beard as he ponders the warning of the enigmatic Eclipse, he then says, "I think we should go there and find out if there is anything dangerous there, or heading there and also if there are any imprisoned liches or something like that in the area, if there is nothing there I think we can safely assume that it was merely a threat made to annoy us or to allow him to do something in the area without interference."

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.
Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.
Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
General of the highest class and Leader of the Legal Department in the IW Peacekeeping Force.
ORT member, Official Demander of Stuff.

"If Silence is golden, why does everyone talk so much?"

[This message has been edited by Neb (edited 10-05-2001).]
Old 10-05-2001, 09:51 PM   #65
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

I am honoured, my Lady Lioness. I shall attempt to fill my post to the best of my ability. My first duty is to see to this this so called 'Teachers' clan is it? Excellent. I shall do so with haste. Jafo and Link can catch up with me when they are available.

*Sharp checks his equipment*

As the Sorcerer Neb has said, I believe we should investigate the warnings of this Eclipse fellow. I sense dark deeds afoot. I'll help with this on my return. Until then, good day.

*Sharp mounts his horse and gallops off in the direction given by Lifetime*

------------------

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
Old 10-05-2001, 09:59 PM   #66
Encard
Quintesson

Encard looks around at the court, and at where Eclipse was. As an answer to your question, Mistral, I am a friend... to an extent. If you are foolish enough to betray me however, well... Eternity is a very long time... Otherwise, I am not here to harm you, my young la-- err... friend..." Encard walks over to where Eclipse stood and casts a short spell, the space around him place seems to twist for a moment, and then Encard looks at it again in puzzlement. He casts another spell, then says, "Hmm... He is powerful... but not a god. If it should be that he is of unfriendly nature, then he can be killed. We should, however, investigate his warnings or threats about the ancient city. It could be important, in more ways than one. I can sense something, some sort of power, emanating from that general direction, but I can not tell just how much power, and whether it is from an object, a creature, a group of creatures... It would be wise to investigate it fully." Encard scans the group of courtiers, his strange eyes flickering over everyone, and coming to rest on Lady Lioness. "It is your choice, I suppose, but I would not be the one to risk peoples' lives needlessly. It does not make rulers very popular... or very alive."

------------------
The Eternal ChAos-bringer of

HADB

CCCCCCcccccccHHHHHHHHhhhhhhAAAAAAAaaaaaaaOOOOOOOoo oooooSSSSSSSsssssss.............

[This message has been edited by Encard (edited 10-05-2001).]
Old 10-06-2001, 12:22 AM   #67
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpedge:
I am honoured, my Lady Lioness. I shall attempt to fill my post to the best of my ability. My first duty is to see to this this so called 'Teachers' clan is it? Excellent. I shall do so with haste. Jafo and Link can catch up with me when they are available.

*Sharp checks his equipment*

As the Sorcerer Neb has said, I believe we should investigate the warnings of this Eclipse fellow. I sense dark deeds afoot. I'll help with this on my return. Until then, good day.

*Sharp mounts his horse and gallops off in the direction given by Lifetime*

Why thankyou Sir..please..just a little over that ridge over there..

*points to far-away mountain range and beats Sharpedge over the head with a frying pan and then runs away with his armor*

Better luck next time!

*leaves the naked Sharpedge tied to a tree and rides away on his horse*

------------------
No-Name Face
Old 10-06-2001, 01:33 AM   #68
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
Why thankyou Sir..please..just a little over that ridge over there..

*points to far-away mountain range and beats Sharpedge over the head with a frying pan and then runs away with his armor*

Better luck next time!

*leaves the naked Sharpedge tied to a tree and rides away on his horse*

*Seeing the unconscious Sharpedge naked on the floor of the court and hearing the laughter of the man running away, Jafin casts a hold person spell on the running man*

Now, now, why would you do that when one of the most powerful mages alive is standing right there? Now why don't you give me his equipment?

*Jafin takes the armor from the man's frozen hands and lays it down near Sharpedge. He then proceeds to teleport the thief into the dungeon*

There, that oughta take care of that. Could somebody PLEASE help Sharpedge into his armor? Oh, and just for the record, I think we should check out the place where that enigmatic figure named Eclipse mentioned......... Funny, aren't there an awful lot of enigmatic figures these days?

-Jafin

------------------

Proud Citizen of the United States of America
The Original Arch-Mage of the HADB
Destroyer of the evil Bunnies
Proprietor of the Boogre Bar
The not-so-secret admirer of Lioness
Mage of the Court of Lady Lioness

[This message has been edited by Jafin (edited 10-06-2001).]
Old 10-06-2001, 02:09 AM   #69
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Neb summons a spectral horse and climbs onto it's back, he then waits for the others to get ready.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.
Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.
Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
General of the highest class and Leader of the Legal Department in the IW Peacekeeping Force.
ORT member, Official Demander of Stuff.

"If Silence is golden, why does everyone talk so much?"
Old 10-06-2001, 08:08 AM   #70
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

*Sharpedge slowly comes to*

Uhhh....ohhh...my head.

*Suddenly notices his state of undress*

Dear lord!

*Grabs his armour and, while trying not to look too flustered, backs out of the court with a cherry red face*

Erm... beg your pardon for my lack of attire lords and ladies. ...I shall return forthwith!

*Leaves*

------------------

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."