Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2001, 10:40 AM   #41
Kinslayer
Drow Warrior

I think Chromatic Orb's a fairly useful spell for level 1. The way it's effects get stronger as you level up is a neat touch. I normally find that when I level up some spells from the lower levels just don't get used anymore as they are superseded by more powerful ones. Magic Missile and Chromatic orb are great exceptions to this.
Old 07-21-2001, 12:04 PM   #42
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Oooo! Oooo!

I just thought of something. How about Mass Invisibilty? How many of you people use it? Regularly?

+4 to THACO and -4 to AC if I recall correctly.

Sadly, I hardly use it because, I usually favour Finger of Death, Spell Sequencer, among others.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.
Old 07-22-2001, 05:33 AM   #43
Tuor
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Unknown Origin:

Dude, you just listed a bunch of spells, many of which are not even underrated, just unmentioned thus far.

I mean geez, I was fully expecting to find Goodberries in there, after all that's underrated too.

You must have had something better to do and/or have some more constructive advice than that surely....

A lot of the spells I mentioned are underused by the people I know who play BG2 hence the post......

Why don't you tell us what you think the most underrated spells in the game are I'd be far more interested in that....
Old 07-22-2001, 05:33 PM   #44
Mae Draen
Welcomed New User

Mordenkainen's Sword is a life saver if you are against illithids... Lots of other times its great too. If you don't carry a fighter heavy party, it is almost a must. They don't die either, and so best summoned creature too. Next best might be Melf's Minute Meteors... They are wicked for a fighter mage (5 attacks easy!).
Old 07-22-2001, 07:38 PM   #45
homsuplee
Dungeon Master

Is there anyway that a fighter can defeat a Mordenkain's Sword. I read in the PHB that only dispel magic, disintegrate, sphere of annihalation and rod of cancellation can undo a Mordenkain's Sword. But the thing is, fighters don't have acces to any of that ! It also does twice the damage of a greatsword ! 4d6+3 !
Old 07-22-2001, 08:41 PM   #46
Jake
Banned User

Melfs minute meteors is ok, damages adimite and iron golems
Old 07-22-2001, 10:11 PM   #47
Jeannada
Dungeon Master

Well i have a little favorite that is used as early as Irenicus dungeon (Chapter 1) and i STILL find handy...
**Summon Woodland Beings** ( Jaheira)..
Basically at the very LEAST it is a MASS heal a level earlier than the spell MASS heal itself!!
The nymph makes a nice little enchanter/crowd controller/ punching bag too.
I usually cast this, have it heal the party, then go pull a few baddies or something. She will cast hold/harm touch, etc., very handy (WHy does it have a man's voice BTW)
Any time i am about to rest and have injured party members i will cast this Nymph to heal the party more as your "heal upon resting" will not summon this nymph just to heal the party.
Old 07-23-2001, 07:41 AM   #48
Big Al
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My fav is emotion...I think I'll just lie down here and die! Just had a thought does blindness work on beholders?
Old 07-23-2001, 09:09 AM   #49
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Lightning bolt. People don't use it that often because it can bounce back and do massive damage on your own characters. Spell sequencer is used rarely too. Try chaining three lightning bolts or 3 fireballs in a spell sequencer and see it's power! And don't forget about spell trigger!

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 07-24-2001, 12:31 AM   #50
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Currently replaying BG I I was reminded of how useful "Entanglement" is in that game - unfortunately they altered it to a point in this game that it is virtually useless - a classical case of overdoing it IMNSHO, as with the fire and ice arrows: wouldn't have reducing the special damage from 1W6 to 1W4 been more than enough ?

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !