Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2001, 06:51 PM   #21
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:

Well Yorick, you might very well enter my list soon..

Still waiting on those CD's Yor, then we'll see if you make my list! Judging by the praise you've been getting around here I think you will

------------------
Vicotnik, archmage of the Holy Flame - Challenge me... and die.
Old 03-08-2001, 06:54 PM   #22
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by The.Relic:
Once again I suppose I am the oddball, my preference is motion picture soundtracks, soundtracks from cetain cd game disks, and some classical artists.
You're not the only one! I also like both.. My Favorite Game soundtracks are "The Dig", "Mechwarrior 2" "Icewind Dale" and a few others.. "Kryandia 3" and more..

Ziroc

Old 03-09-2001, 04:54 AM   #23
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

bumping, if anyone else want's to have his/her say.

------------------
Vicotnik, archmage of the Holy Flame - Challenge me... and die.
Old 03-09-2001, 05:13 AM   #24
Sir_Tainly

some good choices there KDogRex and Rikard, My faves are

REM
Guns n Roses
Iron Maiden
Metallica
Derick and the Dominos (Eric Clapton)
Dire Straits
Rage against the Machine
ZZ Top
Motor Head
Joe Satriani
Steve Vai
Nirvana
Incantation/Condor Music - S.American Pan pipe / Spainsh guitar stuff

guess its guitar music all the way

------------------

Old 03-09-2001, 09:12 AM   #25
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

To Ziroc: Yes, now that you mention it, I do like Hans Zimmer and Jerry Goldsmith. I am actually rather ecletic in my musical tastes; I can appreciate most anything though it might not be to my personl musical taste. It's sort of like art. Van Gogh and the French impressinists are my favorites, but I can't certainly appreciate the talent and creativity that a Matisse or Picasso has (my mom that artist's influence). I know at least around hear when I was in college, I was a bit of an oddity in that I appreciated music other than serious music. Anything other than serious music was consider substandard (I thought it was like comparing Picasso to Rembrandt). Anyway, I like all kinds of music though I prefer serious music because I'm a clasically trained musician.

I just remembered a soundtrack I really like "Tarzan." My daugher has the CD (I told you. . . we only see kids movies).

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-09-2001, 09:17 AM   #26
Griever
Manshoon

umm... almost everythin you guys said, but i cant help but say

limp bizkit all over again,

and dido-> 'here with me' kills me

'i wont go, i wont sleep, i cant breathe, until youre resting here with me'... waaaahhh!!!!!

------------------

Tifa loves her Cloud, Squall loves his Rinoa, Sephiroth... loves his sword.
Old 03-09-2001, 12:57 PM   #27
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Hey Sir Tainly, I forgot about Joe Satriani !! To be sincere, Ive never heard something of him, but i wanna try !! I heard that he was who taught Kirk Hammet (from Metallica).

And about spanish guitar stuff, hey, Im spanish
Have you heard Triana ?? Its an old group but they were the first fussioning Spanish traditional music with pop, and they are really great !!

------------------
"Let my spells do the dirty work" Ertai, High Sorceror of the Holy Flame
Old 03-09-2001, 01:15 PM   #28
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

'Kay, here goes:

In no particular order:

Dave Matthews Band
Creed
3 Doors Down
9 Days
Santana
BareNakedLadies
Phil Collins
Beethovan
That russian guy that I can't possibly spell (tchsky guy . . .)
Bush
Complete Strangers
Naughty Jesus (not a real group, but we did practice a lot . . .)

and a lot others that I can't think of . . .

BK
Old 03-09-2001, 01:22 PM   #29
Melusine
Dracolisk

Melusine: ~slaps Ziroc~
you bad boy!!!! 1. This topic belongs in the POLL SECTION 2. I am THE POLL QUEEN!!! (erm, Jerome, how did you get rid of that CAPS LOCK bug again?)

Anyway I forgive you because Depeche Mode and Lisa Gerrard are in your list. And Bilqis mentions Dead Can Dance too!!! I love them, esp. Lisa's voice is totally incredible!!
You all have tastes similar to mine, Wolfgir, you mentioned the Pumpkins: good choice, I love them!!

OK I just mentioned my favorite bands in another thread but here goes:
(in random order)
Depeche Mode/Smashing Pumpkins/Tea Party/Sisters Of Mercy/Type-O-Negative/Dead Can Dance/Daeonia/Nightwish/Krezip/Muse/Faith and the Muse/Switchblade Symphony/Arcana/Therion etc etc...oh and that singer guy, what's his name again...Hugh Wilson? No I'm kidding you, I absolutely love your voice...how do you manage to have so many different sounds??? So far, your voice has reminded me of Prince, Bono (U2) and even Andrew Eldritch (Sisters of Mercy) and Anastacia (don't know if you know her, white girl with a black voice you know?)(honestly, sometimes you sound like a black female soul singer )
Composers:
Carl Orff!!!!! Grieg, Mozart (Die Zauberflöte!!! the magic flute in english), Rachmaninov, Tchaikovsky, Vivaldi, Gorecki, Bach, Händel etc etc

I actually saw a gig of the Bloodhound Gang this summer...it was hilarious: they made a bet with this stupid guy from the audience that they would give him 100 dutch guilders (saying 'that's 300 US dollar' when it's actually less than 50...)if he could drink an entire tray of CocaCola during the gig!!! Of course he failed. Then they got another guy to drop his pants AND underpants on stage... plus they played all kinds of weird covers like Rammstein, ten Venga Boys etc.
Did you know they actually started out as a Depeche Mode cover band?!?!?!

------------------
Melusine

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-09-2001, 01:34 PM   #30
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Melusine, a pair of things:

First, i dont know if you know this, but Jerome isnt in the board anymore, cause he is moving (his house i mean. No, hes not carrying it in his shoulders )

Second, are you saying seriously this thing about Hugh The Bard singing like a woman ?? In some of the songs, a WOMAN sings not Yorick (and sings really well, its a pity shes married hey yorick ). I really hope you were kidding !!

------------------
"Let my spells do the dirty work" Ertai, High Sorceror of the Holy Flame