Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-30-2001, 02:10 PM   #1
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

I'm not sure which is best. With the multiplayer game can you do all or most the quests without having to swap characters all the time and so losing a character you chose in multiplayer. I really hate having Imoem. She is weak and she never shuts up. Is the game more balenced if you play it in single player mode?. Or doesn't it matter?

Warby
Old 08-30-2001, 02:23 PM   #2
Legolas the Elven Archer

I think in multiplayer you can balance your party better, altough you get less experience due to the fact that you can do only one or two NPC quests at a time. You shouldn't try doing it that way until you've done the game in single player at least once, tough. That would ruin all the fun...

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Welcome to the board, Warby!

[This message has been edited by Legolas the Elven Archer (edited 08-30-2001).]

Old 08-30-2001, 02:31 PM   #3
Encard
Quintesson

I prefer to use my own, mostly custom-made party in multiplayer. Some NPCs are better, though, than a created character (Edwin...), so I use them, but it's generally a mostly cutom made party in my games.

------------------
Bow down to the Weasels of Apocalypse! RaBid Fruit Trees! RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! Miniature Exploding Demonic Demons of Doom, Death and Desruction!
:1drgat1:
Old 08-30-2001, 02:37 PM   #4
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Did u noticed that all NPC's have their own mind and their characteristics? It's more funny to play with these guys (and girls!! yeahh specially long eared ones yeah yeah I mean Aerie) because they have their own disadvantages and advancements. It's not enjoying to play with a all abilities 18 character. For ex, Minsc is a tough guy but his WIS and INT are horrible but it brings you a very funny character. Imoen is fine, if she wasN't my sis I'Ll.. whatever!! Aerie is weak but cute and "if you know how to use her" she's very useful. And the interaction between them is very funny.
Old 08-30-2001, 02:41 PM   #5
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Did u noticed that all NPC's have their own mind and their characteristics? It's more funny to play with these guys (and girls!! yeahh specially long eared ones yeah yeah I mean Aerie) because they have their own disadvantages and advancements. It's not enjoying to play with a all abilities 18 character. For ex, Minsc is a tough guy but his WIS and INT are horrible but it brings you a very funny character. Imoen is fine, if she wasN't my sis I'Ll.. whatever!! Aerie is weak but cute and "if you know how to use her" she's very useful. And the interaction between them is very funny. But Anomen is TOTALY A STUPID CHARACTER I HATE HIM!!! AND ALSO HAER DALIS!!! blow them to hell ..

*Wear a mage robe to nalia she becomes very sexy!!
Old 08-30-2001, 08:13 PM   #6
Lochen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Aerie can weild a sheild (small sheild +2) a helm and still cast spells. If you give her the maulers arm she has 18 str and pretty nice dex. Add tensers transformation and you can have a great back-up fighter if you are short on spells. She usually has -6 ac
Old 08-30-2001, 08:39 PM   #7
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

I only play with one PC. IMHO it would spoil the whole atmosphere if I didnīt use the NPCs. That is what this game is all about. I wouldnīt want to miss one Jan dialog. I love the romance scripts, there canīt be fun if you donīt have all that. But thatīs just my opinion.

------------------
Calvin the bold the malt beer lord is in!
Old 08-30-2001, 10:57 PM   #8
Alaric
Manshoon

The first time through, I only used one of my own characters. I really enjoyed interacting with the NPCs. I have just started a new game and this time I am using a combination of NPCs and my own characters. I agree with Legolas that you should play the game trough in single player mode before playing a multi-player game - one were you created all of the members in the party.

------------------
All the world is a stage and we are all actors playing our parts.
Old 08-30-2001, 11:45 PM   #9
Pangur Ban

I'm much more in favor of using my all my own characters.

After all it is a ROLE playing game - IMHO it should be your role that you play - not what some game designer thinks that you may find amusing or entertaining !! ( giant space hamsters ?? No thank you !! )

Sure, you miss out on NPC interaction and romances, but at least you're not playing out someone elses pre designed script.

Pangur