Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-27-2000, 11:19 PM   #1
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Hi can anyone help. I know this question was asked elsewhere but I can't fing it. I'm following the romance thread with Jahiera and all went fine, but now she just keeps asking me about our last battle. Every twenty minutes or so she just says the same thing again. Is this supposed to happen? Do I have to do anything special to initiate the next dialogue. I've visited every map. I've slept everywhere. I've used up 2 weeks of game time trying to get a new message. I have the chicks patch for all romances simultaneously. Could this be messing it up? This romance is the only thing in the game I haven't done so any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-28-2000, 01:04 AM   #2
Dragos

Ok, this MAY work, but have you tried changing your replies to her questions? If you don't like that option, try getting her "accidently" killed (lot easier if you take away her armor and weapons ha ha! ) And then get her resurrected- hope that works

Old 12-28-2000, 01:49 AM   #3
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

The solution is for you to try to find which dialogue is the correct one or the one that will further your relationship with her. The romance hack well, sort of like overrides the normal romance dialogue (ex. turning someone down). So if you turn someone down with the romance hack in store, the NPC won't buy it. That explains it.
Old 12-28-2000, 08:03 AM   #4
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Is there anyone who has actually been to this point in the dialogue, what did you do? There are only two different replies. One of which is telling her to leave you alone, which she does. She doesn't talk to me again. I also heard that killing an npc can stop the relationship. I might just have to try telling her off again. It just doesn't feel like the right answer.
Old 12-28-2000, 10:26 AM   #5
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well, you could remove the romance hack which is causing all the probs as far as I can see...
Old 12-28-2000, 10:29 AM   #6
Armisael

Use Shadowkeeper to increment her local variable for LoveTalk by two.

Old 12-28-2000, 10:48 AM   #7
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Which is the love talk variable. I was also hoping to continue the romance the proper way without cheating. What shoul have happened?
Old 12-28-2000, 11:01 AM   #8
Armisael

It's not really cheating, her repetitive loop thing is a bug. Er, the LoveTalk variable is the one with 'LoveTalk' in the variable name column.

Old 12-28-2000, 11:04 AM   #9
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Oh... so hows the day there in Sydney? It's already 12:00 a.m. here in the Philippines!
Old 12-28-2000, 11:05 AM   #10
Armisael

Buggered if I know, I live in Melbourne.