Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-22-2000, 01:17 PM   #1
Ronn

Quite a while back, I went to the Government District to buy a license to use magic in the city. Outside, I was given a quest to meet Tolgerias the Cowled Wizard. He was suppose to be in the main government building in the Government District. I got my license, but didn't even look for Tolgerias. I wanted to clear a few more missions from my book before I picked up another(by the way I love the Torment style quest book). Now I'm just before finishing Chapter 3 with the Shadow Thief's kill Bohdi quest(I assume that will end Chapter 3), but I want to find Tolgerias and finish his mission first, but guess what? I can't find him.
Is he suppose to be in the same building where I bought my "license to mage"? I assume it's the main government building, but I've actually look over the entire area and just can't find him.
Was the mission time sensative? Do I actually meet him later? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-22-2000, 01:21 PM   #2
Teeka

When you go into the goverment building he is in that group of guys. I don't know about the time.

Old 11-22-2000, 01:27 PM   #3
Ronn

Thanks, but I've talked to everyone in the building, none of them are Tolgerias. Any other ideas?
What mission does he give? Maybe I've killed someone I shouldn't have or otherwise screwed this up.

Old 11-22-2000, 01:45 PM   #4
Rikard

I think it was the "kill Valygar"quest he was gonna give you
If you cleaned the Plane Sphere with him Tolgerian will disappere
I think

Old 11-22-2000, 02:07 PM   #5
Ronn

Thanks!
I was told to meet Tolgerias, but didn't, prior to meeting Valygar. I picked up Valygar, did the Plane Sphere Quest,left him at the Copper Coronet, and only then, did I go looking for Tolgerias Bad timing on my part, so I guess that quest will linger in my book for all eternity.
By the way, is there something you can do with the extra demon hearts from the Plane Sphere? Can you go somewhere else, or are they just extras?

Old 12-08-2000, 07:47 AM   #6
Hoggar
Welcomed New User

I was idly plowing through the dusty archives of this board and found this ancient two-week topic which I found peculiar. I have only cleansed the sphere once, but when I did, Tolgerias appeared in the sphere along with some mage buddy when I was almost done with it, seeking to kill me and get it for himself. Thwarted his evil plans by chopping his little noggin' clear off though. How come this doesn't happen every time? (The Tolgerias intervention I mean, not his decapitation)
Old 12-08-2000, 07:52 AM   #7
Ronn

The only reason I can think of is maybe he didn't show for me because my main character wasn't a mage and this wasn't going to be my stronghold.

Old 12-08-2000, 10:53 AM   #8
TLan

My main char was a paladin so it's not tied to stronghold quest..

Tolgerias is in goverment building and will be there as long as you don't have Valgyar in your party. Once you get him, ol' Tolgie will be gone. Where to? Sphere. When you press the 4 runes to enter the engine room, then first people you will meet there are Tolgerias and some other pet mage. By the time I met them again they were just a minor nuisance and died just as their contingency spells were finished heh (nice to see those buffs cast itself on the corpses).. Tolgerias drops the Ring of Ram.

In my case though I did talk to him, but I'd guess it would be same even if you do not talk to him. But as I said, it's a guess so it can be different..

T'Lan