Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 02-24-2004, 07:58 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Neverwinter Nights v1.64

Please visit the Neverwinter Nights Community Site at:

http://nwn.bioware.com/

[ 10-07-2004, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 05:09 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Z, I'm in Middle Earth at the mo' (NZ). Have you tested the patch? Does it work ok?

Back in a week.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 03:18 PM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Nice to hear that Ziroc. I`ll have a look into it.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 02:53 PM   #4
Jezzrian
Dungeon Master

Has anyone else suspiciously started getting securom issues after dowloading this patch?

Jezz
Jezzrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 03:17 PM   #5
philip
Galvatron

Are you sure it's secuROM? In the other thread you made secuRom wasn't the problem?

From your last post I understand you had it runnning but something went wrong with windows. Perhaps taking the same steps again ( ) helps.

Patches shouldn't give you problems either cause the patch is by Bioware and is just an update to the game. Securom is put on the CD by Atari. I don't know much about securom problems but from what I've read so far people couldn't even start or entrance the CD and had to buy a new CD player to even install and I don't think that's your problem.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 04:01 PM   #6
Jezzrian
Dungeon Master

Definitely sure. I solved the EAccessViolation thing and it ran fine. Then my parents decided to upgrade to XP and buy two brand new cd drives as well (ones a dvd-rw yay!).

I therefore had to reinstall nwn again and repatched, this time to v1.62. Expecting no problems I was rather surprised when the secuROM error came up telling me that there was a disc emaulator software conflict.

So, either XP,m the new disc drives (or their software) or the patch is doing this.

Sometimes i hate this game.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:11 PM   #7
philip
Galvatron

hate Atari for putting up secuROM on the CD. You might want to check the official HotU forums, there migth be some fixes for it over there. DOes a noCD crack work by the way? There should be a thread dating around the release of HotU with a lot of problems and I think possible solutions as well. It's in the General HotU thread (don't know if you have HotU but it's about secuROm now).
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 05:00 PM   #8
andrewas
Harper

Atari put secuROM updates into the patch, so patches can and do cause troubles. They update the secuROM code for more compatbility (HA!) and security.

Google around for a no-CD crack , and make sure to scan it, at least one version of the no-CD was infected with a virus.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:59 PM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

A good warning, that. Many No-cd patches are virus-ridden. You'd also need to find one for the specific version and keep up to date with it after NWN's updates once again.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:43 AM   #10
Jezzrian
Dungeon Master

Found one eventually, its just a pain having to do this when I have a legal version of the game. And Atari haven't even replied to my email yet, wonder if they'll bother...