Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-20-2005, 10:36 AM   #1
Jim
Quintesson

In my latest run through the game, I enlisted good old Haer'Dalis into my party. I know there are issues with his weapon proficiencies/pick pocket score/mage spells being screwed, but never before have I experienced his disappearing resistances. I was sure that he had some elemental resistance as well as some resistance to physical weapons, but he has nothing. I've recruited him at varying levels (11 through to 15) and these resistances are missing at all levels. A quick look in shadow keeper reveals that only the Haer'Dalis with 2.5Million XP (ToB) has the resistances. Now I'm sure that I've played through SoA with him in the past and the resistances were present. Surely they were present before ToB? I've also scanned a few other forums - many of which have people discussing Haer'Dalis being in their party in SoA with the correct resistances. Does anyone know what's going on here, and what I might have installed that screwed this over? Of course, I could manually enter them but would like to know where they have gone first!

Cheers!

[ 01-20-2005, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: Jim ]
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 11:08 AM   #2
Kestrel Daystar
Elminster

Are you sure about those resistances? I have just been and checked out two of my games which has Haer'dalis in on Shadowkeeper and one of my games, where Haer'dalis is level 13, he has no resistances, and another game where Haer'dalis is level 26 (still on SoA) he has a great meany resistances:

Cold - 50
Electricity - 25
Fire - 25
Crushing - 15
Slashing - 15
Piercing - 15
Missile - 15
Magic Fire - 25
Magic Cold - 50

So seeing as they are both on my computer with the same mods and updates it would appear asthough he doesnt gain resistances until he has leveled up further. Either that or both our games are screwed up.

--Kestrel--
Old 01-20-2005, 01:32 PM   #3
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

I've just done a little exploring with Infinity Explorer and it looks like he picks up a ton of resistances when he gets 2.5m XP. Nothing until that point though, so I think you must have been mistaken in your SoA games - I have nothing installed that would change his stats. Maybe you just had a small party or reached ToB really late? That might explain if he had them at the end of SoA...

[ 01-20-2005, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 05:07 PM   #4
Jim
Quintesson

At first I did suspect that it was because he didn't gain the resistances until he reached a specific level, but that does not appear to be the case. If I crank his XP right up to 8 million and level him right up to level 40, his resistances tab is still empty.

I have, however, figured out what the problem was. I was so sure about his resistances that I did a fresh install of SoA+ToB with no mods. Firing up SK immediately afterwards showed all 5 variants of Haer'Dalis as having the resistances quoted by Kestrel Daystar earlier.

It seems that ToB does indeed add these resistances to HD afterall. The problem was my installation of the "Haer'Dalis Pickpocketing/Spells/Proficiencies Fixes" from Baldurdash (originally a SoA fix) after installing ToB. Since ToB adds the resistances to HD via the override directory, and this fix from Baldurdash contains specific bug fixes (which are probably addressed with ToB anyway) to variants of HD *without* those lovely resistances, it meant only the untainted ToB variant of HD (with 2.5 million XP) was left with the innate resistances. The other 4 variants were overridden.

Solution? Don't install the "Haer'Dalis Pickpocketing/Spells/Proficiencies Fixes" from BD [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now looking forward to using HD with Jan's armour, the DoE and his innate resistances to form an extremely permanantly hardy character indeed [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote