Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2002, 01:48 PM   #1
Sir Alexandre
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi all

i'm soloing an elven sorcere and i'am lvl 15 now

I just gain ring of gaxx and staff of magi by killing kangaxx and the twisted rune guys... quite easily !!!

I just even cannot believe how easy it was with a simple spell immunity(abjuration) vs Kangaxx and with a simple cloudkill vs the twisted rune

Wooooow. I'm quite proud having done it in solo, without cheating, but well, i must admit, with some advices from you experienced players.

Thank you all and have fun
Old 02-11-2002, 02:36 PM   #2
Nifft the Nimble

Hello Sir Alexandre,

Elven Sorcerers do indeed rock! They're among my favorite classes. It's too bad that I didn't think of soloing until I read about it here, and the first posts I saw were all about elven Sorcerers. Now I feel the urge to do something different, like solo a Swashbuckler or Bounty Hunter. It's really unfortunate that you can't play a Thief/Sorcerer.

I'm not surprised that a level 15 Sorcerer can kick major butt. If you have ToB, just wait until you turn level 18 -- the game will roll over and while you carve its tender underbelly.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 04:28 PM   #3
hagimihale
Manshoon

I'm soloing an elven theif/mage. Still haven't left the city and am now 18th/15th level. Did twisted rune a few levels ago (like 15th/13th). Tough battle for me - I didn't think of the spell immunity strategy. Oils of Speed, wands of Cloudkill and fire, and a protection from magic scroll were the eventual winning combination.

Once I got the Staff of Magi, the Kangaxx quest was much easier than I expected.

As a side note, soloing has been a great learning experience. You can't do the usual "send in the tanks, shoot some range weapons and cast everything" power-gaming strategy. I've had to re-think how I approach some battles. This is my 4th run through BG2 and by far the most entertaining...
hagimihale is offline   Reply With Quote