Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-15-2001, 12:45 PM   #1
cfc3
Elite Waterdeep Guard

For those who have posted in the past (includung myself), I just thought that Id post what Ive found so far. Im in chapter 3 and have 5 scroll cases and 4 gem bags. Ill try to note where I found them all the next time I play through the game. But here is what Ive done so far:

Promenade,
Slums,
Docks (not Aran Linvail yet),
City Gates,
Most of the Bridge District [(NOT 5 Flagons Inn or Balthis Estate)-Incidently, anyone ever found any reason for the Balthis estate???],
VERY little of Temple area (Temples of helm (entered it) and Talos, and Pimlicos Estate),
Graveyard (not Bodhis area yet),
Trademeet,
Druid Grove,
Winspear hills,
de' Arnise hold

and thats it. So you can find what Ive got in those areas.
One thing I always do is to View the goods of anyone selling BEFORE following any other path of conversation. Thats important in the Copper Coronet where you lose the chance to but a scroll case (I think it was a case not a bag) if you follow through on any quest that involves him before buying.

If anyone has a complete list of ALL of the bags and scroll cases, Please list it here!!!!!
Old 07-15-2001, 01:04 PM   #2
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Here's a quick list from the solo game I just started. I've only been to Waukeens, the Copper Coronet, Gaeylen Bayles and the Thief Guild so far. Haven't checked out the pubs or street vendors yet.

Gem Bags
Arledrian - Upstairs of G.Bayles house - Slums.
Ribald - Adv' Mart - Waukeens.
Gorch - Thief Guild - Docks.
Storekeep - Nr F.Flagons Inn - Bridge.

Scroll Cases
Galoomp the Book keeper - level above Seven Veils - Waukeens.
Bernard - Copper Coronet - Slums.
Deidre - Adv' Mart - Waukeens.
Ikert - Halfling Vendor - Docks.

There are at least six of each item as I said before, one per party member.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.

[This message has been edited by Cavern Sniffer (edited 07-17-2001).]
Old 07-15-2001, 01:11 PM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

If you do the quest to spy on the Shadow Thief guild from Renal Bloodscalp, you can buy a Gem Bag from the Fat Guy guarding the entrance of the guild.

The one who you have to pass the papers to, saying you're a Shadow Thief.

Hmmmm... ... didn't know about the Scroll Case in the Copper Coronet though. :/ Guess I'll have to buy it first before I do the Slaver Quest.

There're apparently two Scroll Cases in Waukeen's Promanede. One from the scroll-seller above the two inns, and one from the black-market noblewoman in the back of the Adventurer Mart.

Another Scroll Case can be found in the Dock District during daytime. There's a merchant outside the Mage's house.

The one you're supposed to assassinate if you're doing the Spy on Shadow Thieves quest.

Also, apparently the merchants in Umar Hills also sell a Scroll Case.

I'm interested more in where all the Scroll Cases are than Gem Bags. :/ Since I tend to run out of cases than bags... ...

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.
Old 07-15-2001, 01:18 PM   #4
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:

There're apparently two Scroll Cases in Waukeen's Promanede. One from the scroll-seller above the two inns, and one from the black-market noblewoman in the back of the Adventurer Mart.
There are definitely 2 cases in Waukeens as I listed in my post.

P.S. The fat guy at the thief guild is Gorch.

------------------
Man, that's a pisser.

[This message has been edited by Cavern Sniffer (edited 07-15-2001).]
Old 07-17-2001, 03:20 PM   #5
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Added two more to my earlier post, will be leaving the City soon and will post the locations as and when.

------------------
Man, that's a pisser.