Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2000, 11:17 PM   #1
Blademaster

Hi, can i have some advice in which characters I should include in my party. My character is a cavalier will all muscle and no brain. Korgan, Edwin and Viconia are all evil so I dont consider them. Minsc and Anomen forms a good melee front line. Aerie is a powerful mage however her hp is too low. I need Nalia for her thief ability and Mazzy is good for range attacks. The problem starts when I realize Jaheira won't go away. She is sooo annoying! I wish I've just left her in that cage at the beginning. Anyway, can anyone see an alternative in my current party composition?

Old 12-06-2000, 01:57 AM   #2
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

Jaheira won't go away? Are you sure? Have you tried to reform your party, remove Jaheira, and tell her that you need to split up? I've always been able to kick her out (and every time I get the chance to I'm in pure bliss, heh heh).

I have an alternative for your party composition. Make your own characters by using a multi player game. When you come up to a quest like Valygar's, just back up a fighter-type character and replace him with Valygar. Afterwords bring your original fighter back and wahla! Voila even!
Old 12-06-2000, 02:56 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You miss out on a lot of interaction with NPCs if you go all multi. I can't understand why so many people find Jaheira annoying. She's one of the best and most versatile NPCs in the game. Two spells - Insect Plague and Creeping Doom. Renders mages totally useless. Plus she can tank as well.
Old 12-06-2000, 03:47 AM   #4
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well I have to agree with Mmnemeoch (sorry if I spelled you´re name wrong) Jaheira is pretty cool! And she is of good use as an allround, I have her dressed up in a platemail with lots of magic trinkets, a scimitar +2 haven´t come as far as many others of you... a magic sling, wand of fear or something other nasty, with lots of protection and useful spells she is of good use and she isn´t as blarmy as alot of the others..
jaheira is my girl for the job!
Plus she lightens up if you buy her jewelry! LOL
Old 12-07-2000, 02:27 AM   #5
Armisael

Perhaps you should reconsider your opinions on evil characters and Jaheira, since they're the four best NPCs in the game.

Old 12-07-2000, 02:39 AM   #6
Mandrake
Welcomed New User

The best parties have free beer!
Old 12-07-2000, 06:28 AM   #7
Merc Widowmaker

The Multiplayer game option is a good one, although you dont need to go ALL the way ! I made a thief of my own and replaced Yoshi I have 4 NPC's instead of five, and am very happy ! Edwin insults Jahiera and Minsc. Jahiera admonishes Everyone and whoever has the forth seat is always expendable ha ha heh he he ROFL !

Merc Widowmaker's motto "NOBODY TELLS ME WHAT TO DO, NOT EVEN ME ! "

Old 12-07-2000, 09:10 AM   #8
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Okay. 1.Keep Jahiera and Minsc. Two best characters and you're not playing the game properly without them. This will give you two fighter types and one switcher.
2. Get Jan Jansen. You won't regret it. Hilarious stories and best thief
3. Either Anomen or Viconia. Anomen is the better fighter but less healing and damn annoying, a lot worse than Jahiera IMHO. Viconia has more personality, better looking and a great healer. She's also not real evil and will stay with your party at reputation 20 if you are in a romance with her because she mellows out a lot.
4. The last spot is up to you to have as a rotation spot or anyone you want and/or a spot to save for Imoen.
As a comparison my party at the moment which I will keep saved for expansions, to constantly adventure with and my favourite party composition is myself a fighter, Minsc, Jahiera, Viconia, Aerie, Imoen. Had Jansen until rescued Imoen. This party contains a good balance of skills, all the best personalities and all three romances to keep things interesting and my character happy. This is just my two cents from trying out all the characters. I'm sure ther'll be plenty of people with different ideas.
Old 12-08-2000, 10:36 AM   #9
Sebastian_Kell

playing a good party as a paladin class

Jaheria (good healing, fighting and as Memnoch said renders mages useless and there are lots of them)
Minsc (traditional funny character that will kill just about anything)
Jan (takes care of thieving needs better then all others and adds spell power as well)
Valygar (Excelent duel wielding tank with descent armor for a stalker, not bad with a bow either)
Aerie (although her hit points are low but her spells can make her extrealmy dangerous, all you need is protection from magical weapons and two spell Immunity stored in a spell sequencer and she's pretty safe)