Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2004, 05:04 AM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Sad

Aight then...

I found meself a great blade...
Aramils blade with
+8 STR
-4 DEX
Call lightning 1pr day
Vorpal ( sumthin sumthin )

Now the prob is that... the -4 DEX does not apply and I am wondering if it is a mistake or there is some deeper mystery?

I originally made a fighter ( focus on longsword ) and then dualled him to Cleric for the massive spells...A cleric wielding Eldrics blade ( the sentient one) is a lot of fun *LOL* but seems somehow out of character ... am I wrong or does a hammer just fit better with a cleric and in that case...are there any descent hammers in HotU.

Lastly..how many can there be in a party?...I have only found Daelan and Sharwyn...( like the one about him being clean and her thinking him to be romantic)
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 05:46 AM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

you can only have 2 in your party.

and the reason there is a -4 dex is so that the weapon is more balanced. i mean giving +8 to a character is a bit out too good to be true eh?

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 10:41 AM   #3
Jim
Quintesson

I think Sparhawk is asking why the -4 penalty to DEX isn't happening when it states this penalty in the weapons description?

Is this is what you're asking, then the most logical reason as to why this penalty hasn't applied to your character is because you're wearing some equipment that prevents negative ability drain (the greater/epic amulet of health spring to mind here)
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 02:40 PM   #4
Sparhawk
Quintesson

JIM....You´re truly right...I DO WEAR that amulet and that was exactely the solution THANK you...wheeee!

Darn it! only two in party...that sux!

Who would you recommend for my cleric12/fighter5
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 03:28 PM   #5
philip
Galvatron

If you want humour and later on some fighting power I'd say go for Deekin and make him level up in red dragon disciple.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 03:39 PM   #6
Chewbacca
Zartan

Whoa, immunity to level/ability drain on an item blocks another item's ability penalty. Thats gotta be a bug!
Old 01-29-2004, 04:10 PM   #7
philip
Galvatron

I don't think so. I think it's rather logical. If you're immune to for example level drains you can take on wraiths or even just let them touch you. It would be stupid to let them touch you but using such an item would be kind of the same isn't it?
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 04:18 PM   #8
Chewbacca
Zartan

Well, it is logical. But from a builder's standpoint, if I include an item that has a considerable penalty to balance out a considerable bonus I would want exact control over the removal of the penalty for, game balance purposes at least.

Im going to inquire about it over at the BioWare toolset forums and see what feedback get.

[ 01-29-2004, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 01-30-2004, 04:17 PM   #9
Tancred
White Dragon

I think of it as the powers of two magical items in opposition - the stronger of the two will beat the other down. Perhaps the amulet is the more powerful. Maybe it's just to do with the phase of the moon, or the strength of the various magical fields in the vicinity. There's plenty of 'realistic' ways to think about this...
Old 01-31-2004, 07:38 AM   #10
Sonic
Zhentarim Guard

Philip if it is possible to Do a dragon diciple from deekin does he get wings too =)?