Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2004, 01:50 PM   #1
bsftcs
Red Dragon

"...I will open this tomb and set you free!" Hmm... yes... one little catch there though. In fact I did manage to inflict enough damage to Kerah to kill her before her health was restored. However, at one point during the battle Kerah's health indicator, which was in the red zone, stopped diminishing although every hit I dealt her still resulted in spouting gore and messages appearing saying Kerah was hit for this and that amount of damage.

It takes about four very able spellcasters and two strong warriors wielding heavily blessed weapons to even hurt Kerah so much in the limited time available between each time her health is restored. But it seems impossible to kill her. I tried five times in a row. (With a lot of reloading due to crashes ).

Has anyone else encountered the phenomenon that an NPC's health indicator refuses to diminish any further? And what if one has left the pyramid (before activating the portal) with all the empty flasks and sold them. That way, when one operates the portal, one will be stuck forever without the possibility of ever slaying Kerah or helping her regain her sanity. Perhaps there is a way to slay Kerah after all. If one has the patience to take more bouts with her?

What are your thoughts? I had always hoped there was a missing trait to be found here.

[ 01-15-2004, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 01-15-2004, 10:16 PM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I don't think it's possible to kill her: she needs to take back the Mavin later on. However, has anybody ever tried bargaining with Cet? Or refusing to give the Mavin back to Anephas and Kerah? That might yield a missing trait.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 03:45 AM   #3
Radek
Red Dragon

Yes, I know the phenomenon. A solo character, equipped with bleesed (max blessed) Wizard's Blade and Assassin's Dagger and with high combat related skills, can demonstrate it as well.
Another cheater of this kind is Kol the Heretic. Once, I run into a bug in the game that caused Erathsmedor and Kol the Heretic losing their scripts. I had to kill Erathsmedor - and then I tried to kill Kol. Again, I got messages "Kol the Heretic hit for 133 Hit Points..." but - Kol lost not even a single hitpoint. Killing Kol at Erathsmedor seems to be impossible.
Back to Kerah: yes, it's a foul trap and a result of hasty designing of the game. Note how little suffices for losing the game there (not mentioning the crashes):
1. If you have only one Holy Water and you fail curing Kerah with it then you lose the game completely.
2. If you have more Holy Waters but if you forget to split them in your inventory and if you fail curing Kerah at the first attempt then you lose the game completely. Kerah will take all your Holy Waters at once in this case.
3. If Kerah is flying and if the player does not know your trick with jumping then he always fails giving the Holy Water to Kerah and loses his game.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:52 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

To Lord: No, it does not. I have tried both. And as far as killing Kerah is concerned, it isn't a problem in W&W [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Examples:
1. You can kill S'Keser Da in her lair and find her again at the cage trap.
2. You can kill G'Ezzered Ra and find him again in the Pyramid.
3. Even if you have not recreated Anephas, you will find him in the Pyramid.
And so on.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:47 AM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

How come I just knew Radek would have the results of an elaborate experiment ready for me? Thank you both. I had always suspected it might be so. Of course I have also tried to fight Anephas, Kol, the Spirit of Xydusa, etc. It was my experience that it was impossible to hit them. (It would usually give the sound of a parried blow and I would get messages such as [my character] misses or [NPC] parries). I have not tried fighting Kol in Erathmedor's lair, but Kerah is the only NPC I have been able to hurt, but only up until a certain point. Since it seems like Cet charges one with a quest (killing Kerah) I had always hoped it would be another official (fourth) way to end the game.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:06 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

The fake Xydusa, Spirit of Xydusa, Anephas (except Anephas in the Pyramid), etc., are okay. They are regular untouchable characters that do not pretend to be something else.
But both Kerah at Cet and Kol at Erathsmedor are plain cheaters. They are, in fact, untouchable but they pretend that they can be killed.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:10 AM   #7
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Question Mark

Hmm, Radek, clever as usual.
I have learned to interupt your words into meaning. I have also killed G'Ezzered Ra and found him wanting later on in the chamber.
I have also snuck into places that are not suppose to be, and have seen NPCs not star in their role. Kol with Erathsmor, me tinks will always go to that.
But the Ol hag has me tinking, I must try this concept.

I have not had a real beer since 8 Nov 03, so go ahead and have a Pils on me. Me tinks I must learn to brew my own, for the Pacific North West Lager, and Blonde Ale leaves me wondering where my hard earned money just went. However, ther is hope, one steak house here has it's own microbrewery, and they do a mighty expensive weisen(sp) but it has old world taste.

Prost
Felix

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote