Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2002, 10:04 PM   #1
hagimihale
Manshoon

spoilers below... and spoilers welcome!

I'm soloing a female Elven Mage/Thief (18th/24th level). Currently in the maze and having a tough time. After I encounter the Tanar'ri, I travel south to get to the Baatezu. The next room is room 9 in Versus Books guide to ToB. It is a dead magic zone with a pit fiend, a pair of Cornugons and 2 blue salamanders.

I can't cast any magic in this room, obviously. And despite the fact that I have the Staff of Magi, all my opponents can see me. I have Use Any Item but can't use my various potions (of strength, invulnerability, regeneration, etc). I have a Wand of Monster Summoning but it takes so long to use (I have counted about 10 seconds of game time) that the Fiend and Corungons bash me down to less than half of my 102hp.

The summoned monsters last only enough to let me run behind a pole and quaff a potion of healing... then its me against everyone again.

I've even tried to turn the difficulty down to its easiest setting but no dice. Anyone have any suggestions?
hagimihale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 11:53 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Actually, that was one area in which my solo Sorcerer could not kill the enemies. My solo Cavalier on the other hand... ...

My advice to you is to just run through and ignore them. They drop no valuable loot, and will not affect your game.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 12:18 AM   #3
hagimihale
Manshoon

Thanks for the reply Dundee. I've followed your posts with much interest, given your experience going solo. Yeah I guess I don't have to beat them.. I just need to get to the Baatezor room - I want the Thieves Hood that I'll get as a reward...
hagimihale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 06:00 PM   #4
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Actually there is one other thing you can do, chain contingency will work in a dead magic zone and you just have to keep running and dropping 3 horrid wiltings at a time, a bit chessy but if your stuck and want to kill them go for it.
Old 02-24-2002, 07:55 PM   #5
Nim'ohtar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My sorcerer ignored them, with the demons on his back of course. demons can see through invisibility~ this is why your staff of magi is useless there (i'd think everyone knew this by now ~_~).

My ranger killed them, but yeah..chain contingency and such.