Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 08:47 AM   #121
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
Being arrogant is reserved for the likes of me, Sever. That's the only reason why I chastised you [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Just posting to keep Link in his place. [img]graemlins/kissy2.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2005, 08:55 AM   #122
Jim
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Sever:
quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
Well I stopped posting once I uninstalled BG2. Yes it acutally happend. And there are no more interesting discussions on BG2 boards. No more Alson, Dundee and other gurus. Just newbies asking too many questions.
I lurk now. Me? Yes I LURK! I do NOT SPAM ANYMORE! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
What happened to Alson and Dundee? Their mass debates ( [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] ) were the stuff of legend. Along with Sir Exxon, SixOfSpades and a few more that aren't coming to mind at the mo'? Haven't been to BG2 forum since i've been back. Well over two years now. [/QUOTE]I too really miss the debates of old! Number crunching threads to determine what was the best class kit/spell/item/weapon etc etc occupied many an hour and created many interesting and intelligent dabates, but the BG2 forums have definatley slowed as of late (the game is now around 4-5 years old is it not? had to happen sometime).

I've been posting under my other alias of Zink Whistlefly as of late and have been trying to breathe a little life into a few of the forums (mainly NWN) but things have definately slowed down. I'm quite surprised at how little activity there is around Neverwinter Nights (which is currently in the top 3 of the favourite games poll), and I've never seen any number crunching threads or raging debates based around NWN spells/weapons/classes etc like we used to have in the BG2 forum. To say the NWN forum covers the OC, both expansion packs and all the premium modules/third party modules, I can pretty much count the number of daily posts in there on 1 hand which does surprise me given the game is still extremely popular .

As soon as the new generation of games hit us things should perk up a little as people have already discussed so we just need to be patient.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:22 AM   #123
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hmm, i've seen Zink Whistlefly around quite a bit lately. [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] I'm glad i didn't try and discourse upon IW politics to a n00b or anything equally stupid. But why the alias?

And while we're on the subject, how many other doppelgangers are pullin' shifties on the poor unsuspecting folk of IW? Go on. Reveal yourselves [img]tongue.gif[/img]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:24 AM   #124
Sever

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Definitely not the Ironworks of old. Back a couple of years ago I could say something like :

"133-4 Donut [img]smile.gif[/img] - are you shitting hot conkers yet mate ".
Looks like you still can Davros.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 09-08-2005, 10:43 AM   #125
Jim
Quintesson

Quote:
Hmm, i've seen Zink Whistlefly around quite a bit lately. [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] I'm glad i didn't try and discourse upon IW politics to a n00b or anything equally stupid. But why the alias?

And while we're on the subject, how many other doppelgangers are pullin' shifties on the poor unsuspecting folk of IW? Go on. Reveal yourselves [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Haha! For the sole reason that when I created my original account, time was short and I needed to ask some questions and didn't spend any time whatsoever coming up with a creative name. If there was an award for most unoriginal name ever, that would have to go to me so something needed to be done about it (1100 posts and 4 years later [img]redface.gif[/img] ) That's the only reason, nothing more, nothing less [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:49 AM   #126
Sever

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim:
quote:

Haha! For the sole reason that when I created my original account, time was short and I needed to ask some questions and didn't spend any time whatsoever coming up with a creative name. If there was an award for most unoriginal name ever, that would have to go to me so something needed to be done about it (1100 posts and 4 years later [img]redface.gif[/img] ) That's the only reason, nothing more, nothing less [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Z takes bribes doesn't he. Ahem, in the form of donations of course. But either way, i'm sure if you had a good reason like, say, a boring name , he'd change it for you. Wouldn't he?
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 09-08-2005, 12:16 PM   #127
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
My connection to IW is crap too. But with my 5000+ posts I don't mind the occasional time-out. I will remain one of the higher-ranking posters no matter what. That, and I'm popular anyway
Don't be so full of yourself, Link. Or I'll dig up some old Ranger stuff.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 05:36 PM   #128
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Quote:
Being arrogant is reserved for the likes of me, Sever. That's the only reason why I chastised you [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2005, 06:13 PM   #129
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
quote:
My connection to IW is crap too. But with my 5000+ posts I don't mind the occasional time-out. I will remain one of the higher-ranking posters no matter what. That, and I'm popular anyway
Don't be so full of yourself, Link. Or I'll dig up some old Ranger stuff. [/QUOTE]Well, look who it is. Got tired of only posting on TSR?
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 04:56 AM   #130
Link
Jack Burton

He's scared I might catch up with him.. Oh wait! I've already done so!

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote