Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-02-2007, 09:00 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Crazed Silly Scary Convenience Stores

Where I live we have "7-11s," which are basically little convenience stores. Bunches of them about. Well, there is this one 7-11 that is near my house. Actually I consider it my "House 7-11" cause it's so close to where I live, I could walk a few blocks and get to it. So, because it is so close, I tend to visit it often. I hit it on my way to work, and sometimes I hit it on my way home from work. Well, since I've moved into this neighborhood, I've noticed that my House 7-11 is different from most others. It seems to draw freaks you see. Oh, no doubt, many convenience stores that stay open 24/7, and sell beer and wine until midnight, all get freaks and drunks and odd human assortments. But I swear, my House 7-11 is extra special! It's gotten to the point where I feel I must write down a freak diary here.

In the past 5 years, so far I've encountered:

1. Many hits from this dude that likes to stand in front of the entrance doors and beg for money. He'll even come inside if you say No, and watch you pay. He will comment on your change and how you lied when you said you had no money for him. A neighbor told me this guy even went so far as to follow him across the main road to a shopping center, to watch him pay for stuff. Haven't seen this particular freak in a good 6 months, so hopefully he's moved on.

2. Went in the House 7-11 one morning and they were arresting a man in a wheelchair for stealing. He was cursing away and threatening bodily harm to the employees cause they was lyin bout his stealin! Was just odd to me seeing a freak that was a guy in a wheelchair. Not your typical you know LOL?

3. Oh man. One winter a few years ago, I hit the House 7-11 on my way home from work. Was dark already at 5:30pm, and there is this skinny old lady in there in front of me in line. She is in her night dress, and slippers. The kind of slipper you just slide your foot in, with no heel backing or anything. No socks. It must have been 15F out there!!! How could she not be freezing is beyond me! Oh, and of course, she was buying one of those big bottles of beer!

4. Took work off one day cause I wasn't feeling well. Hit the House 7-11 around 11:00am to get some Gingerale. Was just approaching the double doors and reaching for the right door with my right hand, when I see out of my peripheral vision a lady on my left about 10 feet away approaching. I open the door and go to enter, and she makes this PSSSSTT! noise and says to me "Oh you go first! Go ahead! Go first, forget me bitch!" and all kinds of other blather I can't recall anymore. It was nuts cause she acted like I somehow interrupted her or butted into the door before her. Bbbbut, she was 10 feet away when I hit the doorway, so..She was just looking for anything to run her mouth, cause she was a freak. Again, this 7-11 is like a lodestone for em. It's scary cause I'm a whopping 5 foot tall, 100 pounds.

5. A neighbor told me he went to the House 7-11 one morning and there is some mental patient that likes to walk like a crab on the ground. She also likes to describe people outloud while they are in line. I personally haven't seen that one myself yet!

6. In addition, neighbor encountered a freak woman while in line. She apparently took minutes procrastinating having to get out of the line (which was long) to get cough drops. Nobody argued with her, so she went and got them. When she returned, she started mouthing off how she didn't care if anyone was pissed at her for having to wait or not. Well, neighbor made the mistake of saying to her how maybe she should not be so rude about it cause everyone waited patiently for her. She then proceeded to screetch at the TOP of her lungs all sorts of insults to the neighbor, many about his "mammy". She apparently bellowed curses to him to the world across an entire parking lot on her way home (she must live in this one highrise nearby, gawd maybe they all come from there!).

7. To sum it up so far (and I may even be forgetting stuff), yesterday, on my way home from work. Hit the HOme 7-11, and there was this guy passed out, laying out on his stomach, in a corner of the 7-11 building. This is the same corner that has grossed me out for weeks, as I pass by it if I park in a certain parking space, cause it smells of piss. Somebody took a big piss in that corner, and nobody hoses off anything, and we are in a drought so nothing anywhere right now is being rinsed off. So basically this guy is face down in dried up piss corner, yee haw! What cracks me up is people continuously come and go at this store, and stand and chat and stuff and just ignore him like he's a bush or something, completely normal!

To be continued! What will I see next?! I hate this city LOL.

Anyone else have a particular store or area that just seems to be a lodestone to all the freaks and mental people around?

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:18 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: Scary Convenience Stores

Errmmm... after that, LadyZ... nothing here. Back to you.

I'd have a hard time dreaming up stuff weirder than that... though I'd try
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:32 PM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

These craphole stores around our town are the same, its like a beacon is installed to attract nutjobs. (Much the same way Walmart has beacon's for mullets and missing teeth?)..

I avoid them mostly now... I used to visit a cool one growing up in Louisville, played Centipede there for free a lot--the guy would open the machine, and hit the credits button).

I am actually embarresed to go out to one in after 2am. THAT's when the dead walk.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:01 AM   #4
wellard
Dracolisk

errrrmmm Lady Z ever thought of moving to a classier neighbourhood

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:21 AM   #5
Lord Michael
Elminster

Well, I ride around alot during my workday, so I see alot of convenience stores. I am of the opinion that it's not the neighborhood, though some may be more "condusive" to freaky situations.
Just last week I stopped for an Arizona Green Tea (mmmmm!) at one of these stores. It was around 2 in the afternoon, and I was hot, tired, and thirsty. As I got out of my truck, I see a guy kind of stumble out of his car, a small 2-door, and he's a big guy, so I think nothing of it & go about my business.
As I approach the register to pay, I hear *BAM! *BAM!* *thud!*, and the cashier almost comes out of her shoes she jumped so high. I look to my right, and there is this guy, laid-out flat on the sidewalk just outside the door! Being the good samaritan that I am, I rush outside to see if I can help this poor sod. A small group of folks is standing around him, looking bewildered, and I say "what happened? I heard the noise.." One guy says, "dude, he just walked up to the window, slammed his head into it twice, and went down like a sack of potatoes!"
At this point he begins to come around, and I get closer to see if I can assist. It is then that I smell the liquor. This guy could have fueled a car with that breath.
I put out my hand to assist and said "hey man, you ok? You need a ride home?" He looked at me kind of cross-eyed, and just started laughing...hard. Long story short, I ended up moving the guys' car to a spot around the side of the store, giving him a ride home, and putting the key in his front door, because he couldn't do it. He kept muttering unintelligibly, and I was just saying "oh yeah?", "cool", "ok".

I wonder what he was planning on getting at the store?

"Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"
Lord Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:49 AM   #6
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyzekke View Post
Where I live we have "7-11s," which are basically little convenience stores.
So, because it is so close, I tend to visit it often.
It seems to draw freaks you see.
Er, umm, oh never mind.

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:00 PM   #7
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

I wish my neighborhood was that exiting. There's nowhere to go slumming to around here.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:08 PM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Looking Around Re: Scary Convenience Stores

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanRider View Post
Er, umm, oh never mind.
It's never a good idea to taunt the lady with the nice hammers...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:53 PM   #9
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Hahaha, in comparrison, my neighbourhood sounds normal! And we have people slamming each other's heads into the side of busses... While other people film it on their phones.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:53 PM   #10
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Woa, you live in twilight zone Ladyzekke? Ever thought about moving out of there?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote