Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-13-2005, 02:39 AM   #11
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Bugger that, use abandonware to find and then download the... *trumpets sound*

QUEST FOR GLORY SERIES!

I have recently done this, and am enjoying myself IMMENSELY.

Dave_the_quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 02:46 AM   #12
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

damn Quest for Glory .. that is a great classic!!! highly recommended for all .

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 02:50 AM   #13
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave_the_quack:

QUEST FOR GLORY SERIES!

Oh!!! Link me!! I was thinking of finding these a little while ago, but forgot [img]tongue.gif[/img] And I cant be bothered finding them
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 03:03 AM   #14
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
quote:
Originally posted by Dave_the_quack:

QUEST FOR GLORY SERIES!

Oh!!! Link me!! I was thinking of finding these a little while ago, but forgot [img]tongue.gif[/img] And I cant be bothered finding them [/QUOTE]Wow - bit of a thread hijack (my bad).

Here you go Hive you lazy shit [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'll give you QFG1 out of the kindness of my... ahem... cold and icy heart.

QFG1 Download

The rest you should be able to get off a google search, but if you DO find QFG5, LET ME KNOW! It is eluding me something severe.
Dave_the_quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:10 AM   #15
Stratos
Vampire

Neverwinter Nights 2 is under development.

The sequel to Morrowind, Oblivion, is another game to keep an eye on. It probably wont be out until earliest around Christmas.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:44 AM   #16
Froberg
The Magister

it's a shame they finished on the BG2 storyline... but it was a good run.. it was also a shame that they didn't include more sub-quests and stuff for BG2.
Currently I am downloading every modification there is and playing it again and again, with new NPC's challenges and experiences. It's great, really is.

I wouldn't mind another game building on the world of Forgotten Realms.. there's enough text to go on, so if they'd only get started...

I thought vampire : bloodlines was an excellent game, and it's a pity they didn't finish work on the engine.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:01 PM   #17
The Merciful
The Magister

I have only three words: Seal of Evil.

ps. And be thankful if you are not a space sim fan - and very thankful if you are not a fan of space sims with newtonian flight model (I want my Independence War 3! )

[ 04-13-2005, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: The Merciful ]
Old 04-13-2005, 08:49 PM   #18
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Northraven:
Yah LadyZ I know what you mean. I am playing Baldur's Gate again and the graphics are 4 years old and suit me just fine. I mean, don't get me wrong I like graphics but it's the gameplay that makes a game great. This is not just with RPG's, I still think System Shock 2 is one of the greatest Shooter-type games of all time. So was Thief for that matter.

I can only hope in the future that game companies step up once again and make some quality titles where gameplay is taken seriously and it's not just an interactive graphics demo...I play Halo 2 as well as Ghost Recon online for Xbox and I enjoy them but computer games can be so much more sophisticated and I hope companies stop dumbing-down their releases for PC games so that they can be ported to console. Console games are one type of experience and IMO computer games like RPG's strategy, etc. should be another...just my 2 cents.
Agree totally. Big difference in gaming. To me there is nothing like an RPG, with a good 6 characters, that you can pick and choose from as you go along, and equip them however you wish, and go into battle and be able to pause and direct each character what you want them to do. You hit him, you hit him, you freeze him, you do Magic Missile! hee!, you toss some Fire Arrows, you move the frik out of the way cause you are waaay to close... then unpause and watch and see what happens [img]smile.gif[/img] And of course you can always pause again and redirect the characters accordingly. And it's easily done with a keyboard and mouse. Good times. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote