Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2001, 10:04 AM   #1
Doom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have found these insect heads in windspear hils when I killed a few of those green insects. I was wondering if anyone knew what they are used for they weigh 100 pounds each and are getting annoying just carrying them around. If any of you could tell me what they are used for or if I am just taking up space in my inventory thanks.
Old 10-31-2001, 10:06 AM   #2
Ares

First of all..HI!! Try going to Cromwell the blacksmith to see if you can make anthing out of them, if not, sell them for some $$$

------------------
Old 10-31-2001, 10:08 AM   #3
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

You mean to say those Ankhegs? Take their carapace and have it suited up by Cromwell for ye! It is like a full plate that weighs half of it Old BG stuff a pity it isn't that effective anymore...

------------------

Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
You almost had me? You never had me! You never had your car! It is not about winning by a mile or by an inch, its about winning.
Once Upon A Paper
Old 10-31-2001, 10:09 AM   #4
Doom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well no one will buy them everytime I go to sell them they are worth 0 gold. and the bad thing is I killed cromwell on accident. I tried to steal something from him and he was mad and called the guards. This is my first time playing and I thought you could steal anything but I guess not.
Old 10-31-2001, 10:09 AM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

They are Ankheg shells, and if you want you can take them to Cromwell to make an armour out of one of them. However, I'd advice against this, because 1. it will cost you (if I remember correctly) 5000 or 7500 goldpieces to have him make it for you, 2. you probably have much better armour by the time you found those shells (I believe it has AC: 1 which is not very good) and 3. if you have Cromwell make the armour and then sell it, it will not compensate for the huge cost involved in making it.
So I'd just leave them lying where they are

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-31-2001, 10:12 AM   #6
Doom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

THank you for the info
Old 10-31-2001, 10:12 AM   #7
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Doom:
Well no one will buy them everytime I go to sell them they are worth 0 gold. and the bad thing is I killed cromwell on accident. I tried to steal something from him and he was mad and called the guards. This is my first time playing and I thought you could steal anything but I guess not.
ooooops, that was not terribly clever, if you don't mind my saying so. Remember if you steal, you need to SAVE your game first. If you are caught, you can always reload the game. Cromwell is vital in the game because you need him to assemble all the loose pieces of weapons that you found. Now that he's dead, you'll miss out on a lot of good armour and weaponry.
I hope you still have a savegame from before you killed him. Otherwise I *think* it would be possible to bring him back, but tell me if you're interested in that before I start typing it all out...

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-31-2001, 10:17 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Cromwell's dead?

... ...

Kiss goodbye to Red Dragon Scale Armour, Shadow Dragon Armour, Crom Faeyr, etc... ...

... ...

Hoo... boy... ...