Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2001, 11:33 AM   #1
Flamer
Dungeon Master

I am a newbie to BG2 and D&D RPG'S. I am stuck on Irenicus's prison level 2 on the pillar/wand puzzle. I have all the wand keys but it won't let me pass the second pillar or get the wand from it. The 1st pillar and its key worked fine but the second one is not working. Please help me.
Old 07-18-2001, 11:37 AM   #2
koz-ivan
Manshoon

iirc:

one char should be carring all the keys.

not all the pillars have keys, the few that have been knoced down, are broken and have no negative effects, and no wands.

if your key holder char creeps up the side of the wall he / she should be able to unlock each pillar and get each wand, allowing each the rest of you party to advance safely
Old 07-18-2001, 11:39 AM   #3
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Or you could aviod the whole thing alltogether....

------------------
Old 07-18-2001, 01:16 PM   #4
Malavon
Dungeon Master

Just walk around the edges of the room to avoid the traps. and if ur worried about not getting the wands then u shouldnt, because they just take up bag space, and can only be sold for like 30 gold.

Malavon

------------------
Will not the mountains quake, and the hills melt at the comming of the darkness?
Share this vision with your enemies, Lim-Dul, and they shall wither!
Old 07-18-2001, 01:19 PM   #5
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Malavon:
Just walk around the edges of the room to avoid the traps. and if ur worried about not getting the wands then u shouldnt, because they just take up bag space, and can only be sold for like 30 gold.

Malavon
Ahhh, yes...but if you hold on to those wands until you have some $$$, you can sell them to a merchant and then buy them back fully charged. Wands of Cloudkill are hard to come by. I sold mine with 1 charge and bought it back with 50 charges. Yes, it was expensive, but worth it IMHO.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 07-18-2001, 01:20 PM   #6
Seid
Manshoon

They can be sold for 50 gold, but if you want to buy one it costs thousands.
Some of them are very useful. Wand of lightning bolts casts 6 separate lightning bolts. Summoning wand works like 3 monster summoning III spells.
The only wand that sucks among them is the wand of magic missiles (1 missile).

------------------
You cannot escape the inevitable.
Old 07-18-2001, 02:51 PM   #7
Flamer
Dungeon Master

I will try walking around traps but I think something is messed up with my game because 1 have all the wand keys on my main character(a half-elf skald) and click on the pillar but nothing happens, I want the wands.
Old 07-18-2001, 02:51 PM   #8
Flamer
Dungeon Master

I will try walking around traps but I think something is messed up with my game because 1 have all the wand keys on my main character(a half-elf skald) and click on the pillar but nothing happens, I want the wands.
Old 07-18-2001, 02:55 PM   #9
Flamer
Dungeon Master

what key is needed for the second pillar and where can I find it? where can I get the lightning wand key?
Old 07-18-2001, 03:04 PM   #10
Sevan Ge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Flamer, Same thing happened to me first time through the game, one of the wands wouldn't cough up even though I had the key. I do think there is a bug there. I just walked around the traps and blew off the wand. Don't know which wand you are missing, but I wouldn't sweat it. You'll find more of the real useful ones elsewhere. Either that or you can start the game over - you are so early it shouldn't take long to catch back up as you've solved the puzzles already.