Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-07-2004, 11:19 PM   #1
warnie
Dungeon Master

Its been agggggggggggggggesssss since i played , and my friend is stuck in the keep or some place like that by umber hulks any ideas how to bail her out?
warnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 11:29 PM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Equip Lilarcor (protects against their mind attalks).
If you can't equip it, you need to tell me the character info (level, class, etc).
Umberhulks can stun, so if your friend has more than one character, have one available that can cast free action or dispel magic to dispel the stun.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 11:39 PM   #3
The Fallen One
Elminster

or, u can just cast cloudkill (with the wand of cloudkill)
Old 02-07-2004, 11:40 PM   #4
wally p
The Magister

Do they stun? I thought they confused.

Chaotic Commands if you have a cleric/druid high enough level to do so.

beyond that, Lilarcor is a wonderful idea, as is the Shield of Harmony, available as a quest reward in Trademeet.
wally p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 12:14 AM   #5
Userunfriendly
Elminster

deathspell. slaughters them like crazy.
Jansens aren\'t as harmless like everybody supposes! <br />They got them stumpy legs and puffy potato noses! <br />And what\'s with all the turnips? <br />Why do they eat so much root vegetables, anyway? <br />Jansens, Jansens,<br />It must be Jansens!!!<br />(or griffins!)
Userunfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 08:00 AM   #6
drew_jarvie
Zhentarim Guard

Death Spell or ADHW or HLA Greater Deathblow (can be used with area of effect weapons, namely arrow of detonation and fire seeds, to create great cheese.)
Old 02-08-2004, 08:16 AM   #7
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

If you have Jaheira, use the spell Conjure Animals to summon two Greater Bearwares, and at least three Umber Hulks should die while the rest should be easy pickings before the summonings give out. If not, use any other good advice given in the above posts.

[ 02-08-2004, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 08:32 AM   #8
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
If you have Jaheira, use the spell Conjure Animals to summon two Greater Bearwares, and at least three Umber Hulks should die while the rest should be easy pickings before the summonings give out. If not, use any other good advice given in the above posts.
Greater Bearweres are only available with the Improved Shapeshifter mod.

SPOILERS
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Actually, if you are planning on using Cloudkill from the wand, just summon a skeleton (immune to mental attacks) and send it in. They'll flock to it (won't take them long to kill it, so act fast!), and just target the skeleton with the cloudkill. Or, if you can summon either Invisible Stalkers or Aeriel Servants, just send them in (also immune to mental effects). If he has Mordy's Sword, you don't even need the cloudkill; it can kill them all on its lonesome. If you plan to fight dead on, then Lilacor works, as does Chaotic Commands, as do any items that stop confusion. Either that, or boost your saving throws.

However, probably the easiest way is to turn someone invisible/go stealth, and sneak that character with the dog stew down the corridor and put it in the cell. This will bring all of the umber hulks down the corridor, leaving them down the corridor. Easier to take out that way (all in one spot), or you could just avoid them if you aren't capable of taking them out (I think that is why they put that in the game, in case you were doing this area right out of the gate).

If you don't know about the dog stew, I won't spoil you; just pay a visit to the courtyard...
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 11:58 AM   #9
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Greater Bearweres have been absent for some time now from the Ease-Of-Use mod. Bearweres, however, are now summoned.
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 03:38 PM   #10
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I stand by staunch support of Chaotic Commands. With its long duration, everybody in your party should have that cast on them at all times, as well as Protection from Evil 10' and Remove Fear.

Before you go to bed at night, mages should cast Stoneskin, and druids Iron Skins. When you head anywhere near combat (or walk through Athkatla, you might be ambushed), you should have CC, Protection from Evil 10' and Remove Fear cast on everyone. This is why I like several clerics in a party.
Or one cleric for a pair of adventurers. Either way.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote