Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2002, 10:13 AM   #1
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

I just downloaded a copy of RPG Maker 2000 (pc) and I'm trying to work this thing out so I can have a bit of a play-around and have some fun making some type of RPG.
Has anyone ever used this before and if so, is there any advice you could give me with this thing? I've gone through all of it's functions briefly and started playing around with the map editor but wouldn't mind any kind of info or tips I could getb to make things a bit easier.

Many thanks in advance! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2002, 11:35 AM   #2
Jorath Calar
Harper

That sounds fun, were did you get it... I'd like to try. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2002, 02:01 PM   #3
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

I'll put some links below for you. It's actually not all that hard. I've spent a couple of hours on it now and although all I made was an inn and a couple of interacting characters, I can now say that I can progress a lot more quickly. Anyhow here are the links. You have to instal the first one which is the setup file and then the second which will give it all the files to make it work. I also included a link to a tutorial for it which is what taught me how to use it. If it wasn't for that I'd still be reading the help file.
Anyway Best of luck with it!!!

RPG Maker 2000

RTP Addon

I changed the link for the Tutorial to the actual site as it doesn't seem to allow direct linking to download it.
Tutorial

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: Bokken ]

Old 01-27-2002, 06:53 PM   #4
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

If you need any help with the program I will be more than happy to help I have a bit of experience with it if you have any questions just
just E-mail me at Zombiechicken2001@yahoo.co.uk or you could leave a question on this forum but I might take sometime getting back to you if that is the case as I easily forget where I have been in the forum.
Old 01-28-2002, 12:57 AM   #5
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Ack this is really annoying, I downloaded those two links you gave me and the game works fine but the chipset graphics on the side dont show up. So I had to import a chipset in my database but cant find the original one Im supposed to use. Bokken can you check which chipset is the default one on your game?
Old 01-28-2002, 02:29 AM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

If you like making your own RPG, also try our freeware RPG maker called "Dungeon Craft". It looks like the old goldbox games, but with todays technology (High res, avi, mp3 support, and tons more.. it's 80% complete, and you can download the editor and tons of art for making your OWN game at:

www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/dungeoncraft/

Let me know what you think!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 01-28-2002, 08:57 AM   #7
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
Ack this is really annoying, I downloaded those two links you gave me and the game works fine but the chipset graphics on the side dont show up. So I had to import a chipset in my database but cant find the original one Im supposed to use. Bokken can you check which chipset is the default one on your game?

Azurewolf if I am entirely correct the original chipset that opened up was "basis". Just click F8 and change it under "Select Chipset Graphic". I've been woking with "bof" up to now but it seems that I can only work with one only which doesn't seem right. I was pretty sure I could use more than one chipset to make a game and if I'm wrong it will be a bit of a let down. I think I'll be contacting Daniel about this one and getting some advice from him.

quote:
Oringinaly posted by Ziroc:
If you like making your own RPG, also try our freeware RPG maker called "Dungeon Craft". It looks like the old goldbox games, but with todays technology (High res, avi, mp3 support, and tons more.. it's 80% complete, and you can download the editor and tons of art for making your OWN game at:

http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/dungeoncraft/

Ziroc what are you doing man!!! Oh God, if I didn't have any sleep working on RPG Maker, now with both of these I'm really going to go insane *LOL*
Thanks for pointing that one out thought mate! I love this stuff already even if I am still getting to grips with it! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: Bokken ]

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: Bokken ]

Old 01-28-2002, 05:53 PM   #8
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Hi Bokkun I just read your E-mail and replied but I have been having trouble with Yahoo and dont know if it sent properly could you let me know if you received it so that I can try again. thanx, cya
Old 01-28-2002, 06:11 PM   #9
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Finally I can make that Dating game/RPG about CoCo and Co. that ive always wanted!
Old 01-28-2002, 06:26 PM   #10
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Dan...Dungeon Craft is AWESOME. I spent 2+ hours DLing stuff for it from here and the official site. You have officially created an addict.

*steps up to the podium* Hi, I'm Nachtrafe and I'm a DC addict

(CHORUS) Hi Nachtrafe!

HEHEHEHE

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"