Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2003, 02:42 PM   #31
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
It's much better then you think it would be, really. As the great prophet Isaac once said, "Ignorance is bliss". True story.
Isaac didn't say that! It was Thomas Gray, "Ode On a Distant Prospect of Eton College": "Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise." [/QUOTE]I wasn't serious dude

I didn't even know there was a prophet called Isaac...it just seemed like an appropiate name! I do admit that I did forget Thomas Gray had said it.

-------------

Kaltia when I decided to take time off the Internet (keep the wise cracks to yourself Attalus ) I decided to delete my favourites list so I don't have it on me. But all you have to do is type "weeble and Bob" into the google search engine and BAM, its there for your viewing pleasure. My 56k modem gets annoyed with more then two windows open

[ 05-13-2003, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 05-13-2003, 02:57 PM   #32
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Just a little word of caution- let's avoid MSN style chats, ok?

Remember, that means going back and forth immediately answering one (or two etc!) people like you would in an instant message program or on the phone, making multiple posts per page in a very short time.

According to the webmaster, such conversations need to go to chat programs.

Attalus, I'm gonna have to go work, keep the place clean and don't forget to make more tea!
Sure thing, Cloudy. *Gets out Willow Stick* (TM) None of your spamming, now, spamlets. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2003, 02:58 PM   #33
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

picking up from the previous Cafe

Thank you for your support. I think it went rather well. Of course, it doesn't hurt that I already know that I am currently the number one contender for the position (I know people who know people) and that our district manager put in a good word for me. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img] Yes, I want to win the position based on my merits (which I probably will) but this once--just this once--I will not turn down a friendly nod. [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img]

Sigmar, the English word for tortilla is...tortilla. [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] There is no other word for it. Were you to say "tortilla" to someone they would instantly know what you mean, so no other word is needed, just like "ranch" and "taco" (you know, that musician from the 1980s [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:59 PM   #34
Sigmar
Unicorn

Bah, the fun's over

Y'know I don't think I've told you guys before but I miss that chatroom
Old 05-13-2003, 03:03 PM   #35
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

No spamming...this means you Kaltia [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Your threats are empty, Kat. I never open my door to drow. They're nearly always selling double glazing, and to be honest I could do without the hassle [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2003, 03:13 PM   #36
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
No spamming...this means you Kaltia [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Your threats are empty, Kat. I never open my door to drow. They're nearly always selling double glazing, and to be honest I could do without the hassle [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Actually that means you and Grim-as. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Go get them Attalus.

Muahahaha I will never, after this post have been posted, call you Sigmar again Grim as. [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img] At least not until Cloudster tells me your user name is PG13.

PS. I'm sure Cloudy meant to say 'coffee' instead of 'tea'.
Old 05-13-2003, 03:17 PM   #37
Horatio

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
[QB]Muahahaha I will never, after this post have been posted, call you Sigmar again Grim as.[QB]
You'll slip up...and I'll be there when you do. Watching...and waiting...but mostly watching...

And I never spam. All 2760 of my posts thus far have been considered by all to be informative and constructive. So nyah to you [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 05-13-2003, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Horatio ]
Old 05-13-2003, 03:36 PM   #38
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
[QB]Muahahaha I will never, after this post have been posted, call you Sigmar again Grim as.[QB]
You'll slip up...and I'll be there when you do. Watching...and waiting...but mostly watching...

And I never spam. All 2760 of my posts thus far have been considered by all to be informative and constructive. So nyah to you [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]*Sigmar shakes his head and ticks a cross on his personal filofax*
Sorry Horatio but I don't consider that last post to be constructive you SPAMMER [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Willow whats so rude about Grim as anyway, a perfectly innocent name . BTW like Horatio said in his admittedly informative (but not constructive [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) post you'll slip up and I'll be right there to inform you of it... unless I'm not there and it willl be up to the people present to inform you that you slipped up.

Horatio I'm only joking, as usual your last post was as informative and constructive as usual. I was merely envious of your posting skills

[ 05-13-2003, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 05-13-2003, 03:39 PM   #39
Horatio

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Horatio I'm only joking, as usual your last post was as informative and constructive as usual. I was merely envious of your posting skills
Don't fret, my boy...maybe one day you will come close to my ability to form informative and contructive posts. Then I will sit down with you, hand you a beer, and say "Now, you're a man." [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I'm thirsty and all I've got in the fridge is bloody Evian.
Old 05-13-2003, 03:41 PM   #40
Sigmar
Unicorn

Maybe some other time, because nopw I've gotta go.

Adios all