Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2003, 06:09 AM   #1
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

Hey everybody!

I was just recently starting my first 'Lord of the Rings' style party, and was going to give Aragorn his level up (from lvl 2 to lvl 3) after completing the first quest, and it was all going dandy until I hit the Accept button. The game just locked up. I thought it may have just been the random jam, so I reloaded and tried again. It still freezes when I hit the accept button.

I rebooted, thinking that would help. To no avail. I am running out of ideas. I have HoW installed, have TotLM around somewhere (but not installed yet) and have never encountered this problem before.

I'm going to try a reinstall next... The funny thing is, I had no problems when Gimli and Legolas got to third level. Any ideas?

Aragorn has 2 in Great Swords and 2 in long bows... Would it have anything to do with giving him his level up in town?????

Thanks in advance,

Moiraine Sedai
Old 10-05-2003, 08:28 AM   #2
kroma
Dungeon Master

If it helps you to know, I just leveled up 4 of my 6 characters whilst in Kuldahar.

If I were you - back up all your save games and reinstall the IWD and HoW. If that doesnt work, install TotLM and see if that helps.

Failing that, you may have to resort to an earlier save game (a pain in the ass, but sometimes the only option!).

BTW - Lord of the Rings party - a nice idea!!
Old 10-05-2003, 10:49 AM   #3
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by kroma:
If it helps you to know, I just leveled up 4 of my 6 characters whilst in Kuldahar.
just wondering, how would that help? Have u tried giving ur disk a clean? It might have a bit of dust or something on it which is causing the problem. If that doesnt work then i would say a reinstall might, hopefully
Old 10-05-2003, 11:39 AM   #4
kroma
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
quote:
Originally posted by kroma:
just wondering, how would that help?[/QUOTE]Im wasnt saying that it would, but it was in response to one of moiraine sedai's original questions which was:

Quote:
Originally posted by moiraine sedai:
Would it have anything to do with giving him his level up in town????
[img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2003, 12:22 PM   #5
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

oh rite, sorry if it seemed as if i was annoyed, i wasnt
Old 10-05-2003, 10:01 PM   #6
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

Sorry guys! I figured out the problem... I deleted Aragorn and recreated him, except this time I didn't use Dale Keeper to give him the ability to use his tracking ability twice a day. When I used DK to give him the experience that his former self had had, everything was fine.

So yes, I have learned that to mess with DK is like playing with fire... And poor Aragorn got burned.

Thanks for the assistance anyway, though.

Moiraine Sedai
Old 10-07-2003, 09:29 AM   #7
NobleNick
Quintesson

moiraine,

Regardless of any problems you are having, think you are having or (worse) don't yet know that you are having; it would be a good idea to install TotLM, as it is the complete patch for IWD/HoW.

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 10:41 AM   #8
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks for that, Noble Nick.

Believe it or not, I have never played TotLM before. It's supposed to be an add on to HoW, right? Does it add any new spells? Oh well. I may as well find out for myself. Thanks for the advice, though

Cheers,

Moiraine Sedai
Old 10-13-2003, 08:26 AM   #9
NobleNick
Quintesson

moiraine,

It does add some adventuring areas (which are challenging and fun); but the reason I suggested it is because it is the complete patch for IWD/HoW. I don't think TotLM does any spell additions or game re-balancing.

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!

[ 10-13-2003, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 03:41 AM   #10
Wolf On Fire
Dungeon Master

Excuse me but what IS TotLM?