Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2002, 02:41 AM   #1
Darkness555
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Okay, this is making me mad as hell. This was never a problem before I reached Sendai's Enclave, now it is a chronic problem. My party is pretty mean, I've got a good mixed party, we went and fought Sendai, I get through all the statues of her, and someone in the party(not me), gets killed by losing so many hit points above the maximum to go below zero that their character portriat disappears. So I made it through Sednai without losing anyone finally, then went straight to the Abizigal or whatever's mountain dungeon, meet Draconis out front, and the same thing starts happening. I've now fought him like 8 straight times, killed him on most of them, but every stinking time he gets an acid breath or some other shot in on someone and takes like 50 points of damage off(this is even with all my characters amped up on defensive magic), and boom, their portriat is gone. I have to reload. I'm using all kinds of strategies and can beat him fairly quickly, but not it seems before he gets a lucky shot in and permanently kills one of the party. I need Imoen, Saravok, etc., I don't want to pick someone else up this late in the game, but I can't resurrect them.

Does anyone know of a mod or fix to stop this? I'm getting sick of spending hours fighting, only to have someone get erased and have to reload and do the whole thing over. It is making me sick. Thanks guys.

-D
Darkness555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 02:49 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Tip: Devas and Planetars are immuned to Draconis' human form's physical attacks.

Spell Trigger filled with 3 Lower Resistances, followed by one or more Chain Contingency(ies) with 3 Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wiltings will more or less result in a quick and uneventful fight when he transforms into a Dragon.

Draconis in Dragon form has trouble with Mordenkainen's Swords after he uses up his Death Spell.

Time-Stop + Shapeshift( choose Mind Flayer) will result in an even shorter battle.

[ 06-12-2002, 02:50 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 03:20 AM   #3
Darkness555
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah, thanks for the tips, they are all good. Actually though, he kills my fallen plantar pretty easily after I summoned him, don't know why.

I finally beat him when he turns Dragon without losing anyone by pulling all of my characters way back off the screen except myself, Minsc(I love the guy, but he's gotta be expendable, right?), and Saravok(he's been dead before, once more wouldn't hurt). I time stopped and hit him with a spell trigger, Dragon's breathe, comet, abi-dahlzim's and all that, summon a horde of creatures(Mordenkanien's sword, 2 undead warriors, fallen plantar, wyvern, monster summoning 3, etc) and then after time stop wore off hit him with spells while Minsc and Saravok(with those neat Dragon's Bane sword and halbred I found in SOA) wailed on him. I bought him down myself with a chain lightning spell.

Pretty sucky that I couldn't use my whole party to fight him. I think that's a flaw in an otherwise rock solid game. And if anyone knows of any way to stop that character losing crap, please post, thanks, and take it easy guys...

-D

[ 06-12-2002, 03:22 AM: Message edited by: Darkness555 ]
Old 06-12-2002, 05:54 AM   #4
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

what difficulty lvl do you have it on? I seem to remember somewhere that the hardest can allow ur NPCs a perminatent death...
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 07:44 AM   #5
mrxian
Dungeon Master

put the dificullity at normal. it's not core rules, but apart from a lot of saving and loading, it's the same (like when you fail to learn that rare 9th level spell, or when your fighter gets only 3 hp when leveling up earlier....... and of course the permanent character death.....
mrxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 12:04 AM   #6
Darkness555
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ahhh, I had it set up higher. I didn't see that normal did that before, thanks for the tip. I still may not bump it down but good to know in case it gets to be too much.

-D