Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2002, 10:27 PM   #1
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I gave my Undead Hunter 2 stars in Bastard Sword, so she can wreak havok dual-wielding Foebane and Purifier, when she gets them, but she's also going to learn 2-Handed Swords so she can whip out the Carsomyr+6 when it's time to face Mages. Problem is, the improved Carsomyr and the improved Purifier require the same item to ugrade them--and that item is unique. So I've got to choose.
The Foebane/Purifier combo is quite brutal, and she can also perform the trick of using Foebane and a shield, switching her Quick Weapon to Purifier (for the Magic Resistance) whenever she sees a spell coming. Still.....Carsomyr casts Dispel Magic with every hit.

Your thoughts?
Old 01-14-2002, 10:31 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Tough call, but I've always loved Carsomyr and the upgraded Carsomyr is just brutal. My vote is for Carsomyr but its not based on anything solid. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 12:44 AM   #3
SiskoSolo

This may upet some of the purists but you don't really have to decide!
If you have the cheats Enabled you can create both from the CLUA Console.

I don't remember the Item codes for them off hand but, hey it was just a thought.
Old 01-15-2002, 01:38 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I would go for the Purifier... the Eye of Tyr benefits it more than Carsomyr.

You only get +1 to THACO and damage if you upgrade Carsomyr. You get much more if you upgrade the Purifier.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 03:58 PM   #5
Sir Byronas
Mephistopheles

I would give my vote to Purifier. Also if you have Sendai's shield you can have a character with a high protection and good attack.
Old 01-15-2002, 06:47 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Now that I look up some more data, you're quite right, Dundee! Compared to an upgraded Purifier, who needs an extra +1 THAC0 on Carsomyr? I think +5 is all that's needed to hit anything in the game. Purifier, here I come! (eventually......)
Old 01-15-2002, 07:18 PM   #7
Glorfindel

I dont remember the pruifier.... where is it found???? And is it the big Flame sword or is the Agundurval (sp?)
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 09:13 PM   #8
Magness
Quintesson

SPOILERS

quote:

I dont remember the pruifier.... where is it found???? And is it the big Flame sword or is the Agundurval (sp?)

1. Purifier is found on the Maze level of Watchers Keep.

2. Purifier is Holy Avenger Lite, Bastard Sword version. Also paladins only. Upgradable.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 09:19 PM   #9
Micah Foehammer

Purifier spoiler 2

It's in a stone pillar with the maze. You can only retrieve it from inside the pillar by having a character of Lawful good alignment clock on the pillar twice.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 10:11 PM   #10
Izanagi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

s
p
o
i
l
e
r

~> The Angurvadal, is found on the corpse of the Githyanki captain, in a backroom of the gith niche on watcher's keep Level 4. it is, ok ;p but paladin swords are just really neat ^^
Izanagi is offline   Reply With Quote