Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2002, 07:48 PM   #121
SomeGuy
Unicorn

*ow*Hey guys!*ow* Back from the *ow* pool.*ow*Nothing happened *ow* really. *ow* Attulus!!That's horrible what happened!!Those poor children! I'm saying a prayer for everyone that was in that crash tonight. *ow* Do we have any thing that helps *ow* sunburns? *ow*
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 06-24-2002, 08:04 PM   #122
Animal
Gold Dragon

I understand that cloths soaked in vinegar and applied to the sunburn will ease the pain and reduce the burn, but the only place I've really been sunburned was on the top of my head. There's also a commercial product called Sooth-A-Caine that is supposed to help sunburns.
Old 06-24-2002, 08:37 PM   #123
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

Hey everybody!

SomeGuy, I heard that there is some type of cream that can heal and repair burt skin, but I can't remeber its name. I know that it is over-the-counter in the U.S. but you need a perscription in the UK. Its something like Thistle Milk, or Thistle Root Extract or something with a Thistle in it. I can't remember. Sorry.
Old 06-24-2002, 08:45 PM   #124
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

I think that this Cloudy's is getting a little full. Don't you guys think so?

Should I start another one seeing as how Cloudy isn't around?
Old 06-24-2002, 08:50 PM   #125
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Hi, all, the dog is delivered to the vet. Galadria is sad that she will be gone, and left her favorite chew-toys.
SomeGuy, it was a truly horrific scene. I am not going into details, but we have lost five, including the driver, who turn out to be an ex-felon. He either passed out or had a fatal heart attack, unlikely at age 51. This is the story from AOL news.:
Five killed, 36 injured in Texas bus crash

By Jon Herskovitz

DALLAS, June 24 (Reuters) - Four teenagers on their way to a religious retreat and a driver were killed and 36 others injured on Monday when their chartered bus slammed head-on into a bridge pillar on a highway east of Dallas, police said.

The three girls and one boy as well as the driver, 51-year-old Ernest Carter, were killed after the bus struck a concrete bridge support, which severed the front section of the vehicle and then peeled off a large section of its flank.

Thirty-six others were injured, one critically, with most of the victims suffering broken bones and cuts.

"You couldn't look up because we were all just flying around in there," Marshall Thomason, one of the passengers on the bus, told reporters. "We went off the road and started hitting things. Then we hit the pillar."

Police said helicopters flew about 15 people to area trauma centers and another 20 or so were rushed to hospitals by ambulance.

About 50 people were on board the bus when it crashed in the city of Terrell. The bus had completed about 30 miles (50 km) of a 240 mile (385 km) trip to the religious camp in Ruston, Louisiana, police said.

"We do not know the cause of the wreck at this time," said Texas Department of Public Safety spokesman Tom Vigner, who added it will take some time to determine what caused the accident. Witnesses said they saw the bus swerving on the road before striking the pillar.

The injured, ranging from 11 to 17 years old, were taken to eight Dallas area hospitals. Fourteen of the 36 victims have been released.

Investigators noted that there were no skid marks on the highway, which indicated the bus did not slow down before hitting the pillar.

The bus was carrying students from the Metro Church of Garland, a suburb east of Dallas, to the youth church retreat.

David Eden, a pastor at the Garland church, said the passengers were junior and senior high school students. Several of the students called him from the scene by cell phone, he said.

"They said the bus tipped over and hit the pole, and everyone was freaking out and screaming," Eden told reporters.

Sean Burns, a deacon at the church, told a news conference that about 100 students were headed to the summer retreat on two buses. Church officials went to various hospitals to console the victims and their families.

"This is a horrible accident and there is a lot of chaos," Burns said. "The church family is turned upside down."
06/24/02 18:11 ET

Copyright 2002 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
Old 06-24-2002, 08:55 PM   #126
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

Man, thats pretty serious. I hate hearing such depressing news on such a good day.

I just hope nothing like that happens where I live.
Old 06-24-2002, 08:58 PM   #127
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

I hate to change the subject so soon after that wake-up call, but how do you change font size. I know its a font command, but what is the font command?
Old 06-24-2002, 09:12 PM   #128
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Mandorallen:

I just hope nothing like that happens where I live.
So do I, Sir M, so do I.
Old 06-24-2002, 09:22 PM   #129
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

On that sad, note, I say that I'm going to make my day get better agian.

By posting my first ever Cloudy's Cafe!

Because we could all use cheering up after hearing bad news.