Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-09-2001, 10:02 AM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I am not having any problem, so don't get any idea

it is just I've been reading comments on "American Beauty"

just this idea came up to me:

Does uncaring causes failure in communication?
or Does failure in communication causes uncaring?

or both holds true? so which is mroe important? which generates which? which is a more important factor of a successful relationship? communication? or caring?

supposedly, one can exist without another, does that still make a relationship success?

I've got my own opinions on this one, just like to see everyone's it is amazing how people can have different views on even the most "obvious" answers
Old 10-09-2001, 10:16 AM   #2
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Actually I find that when it comes to relationships, Ignorance is Bliss
You really cant be touchy-feelly in deep all the time. It becomes a chore, you become unhappy and insecure and thinking too much tends to become a really bad habit.

Does uncaring cause failure in communication?
Yes. If you don't bother to care, you'll never know. Of course, if you know whats good for you, you wouldnt care to know everything.
Does failure in communication cause uncaring?
If you dont talk, you'll never find out. What causes failure in communication in the first place? Its a chicken-egg situation. Generally though, lack of communication tends to be a lack of expression rather than a lack of emotion.

------------------
No-Name Face
Old 10-09-2001, 10:27 AM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
Actually I find that when it comes to relationships, Ignorance is Bliss
You really cant be touchy-feelly in deep all the time. It becomes a chore, you become unhappy and insecure and thinking too much tends to become a really bad habit.

Does uncaring cause failure in communication?
Yes. If you don't bother to care, you'll never know. Of course, if you know whats good for you, you wouldnt care to know everything.
Does failure in communication cause uncaring?
If you dont talk, you'll never find out. What causes failure in communication in the first place? Its a chicken-egg situation. Generally though, lack of communication tends to be a lack of expression rather than a lack of emotion.

good, and one thing I'd like to add

I dont believe emotions can find ways to express yourself, until one purposefully guide the flow. a failure in communication is likely to cause more a lot damage, because people become hurtful.

when you dont care, you can take almost any shit from anyone. but when you care, that is when it starts to hurt

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 10-09-2001).]
Old 10-09-2001, 10:28 AM   #4
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

lifetime could not be more correct, 250. you can analyze a relationship right out of existence.
and it is the caring that goes first, because when you don't care, you do not make the effort to find out what is on the other person's mind

------------------
Unstinting Gaurdian of Children
Defender of Those Unable To

Official Pin-Up Girl Evaluator/Massager of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy.

[This message has been edited by J.J. (edited 10-09-2001).]