Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2001, 03:04 AM   #1
hawaiiansushi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

where do i find jan jansen the thief? also what is a good way to get money?
any hints on stealing? i dont like the save/load if the thieving doesnt work crap ;p.
Old 08-23-2001, 03:12 AM   #2
trux

Jan is in the Government District, towards the east of the map I believe.

Good way to make money is do all the quests and sell EVERY item you can sell that you don't want to keep. There's plenty to do to make money.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-23-2001, 12:59 PM   #3
NiamhFoxling
Dungeon Master

I got most of my cash through doing as many quests ad possible and selling the loot off of corpses, but in one party where I had Haer'Dalis, I could make a pretty good amount of cash in a day by having another party member cast 'improved invisibility' on him, occassionally making him gulp down a potion of master thievery, and then pickpocketing people. It does make it easier for him to filch without getting caught if he's invisible.

Minor Spoiler here:

If you have a thief in your party with lockpicking and finding trap abilities, and are doing the Mae'Var quest, the second floor of Mae'Var's guild hall has a lot of doors lined up along the walls of a room. Pick those locks and there's some pretty good loot- the loot gets better as the locks get harder. The *trapped* doors start towards the end of the room where the wall safes start, be sure you're looking for them, because they're fairly nasty. Best part is, you don't get in trouble for picking those locks and looting, even with the NPC shadow thief standing right there watching. It's not really a *fortune*, but if you just need a bit o' extra cash to buy something pretty at the Adventurer's Mart, it's worth checking into.

------------------
Playing the cutest li'l Chaotic characters since 1996.
Old 08-23-2001, 06:57 PM   #4
oldbittercraig
Elminster

*******spoiler cont***************

In Mae'vars guild, make sure you check for traps along the far wall before opening...