Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-15-2001, 10:31 PM   #1
Vanyel
Dungeon Master

Ok, so now I'm at a crossing paths. I dunno who I should take with me: Valyar, or Yoshimo.

I know that Yoshimo leaves anyway, so I'm planning on dropping him anyway. But Without hom I have no thiefs.

My party again:
( again nevermind my bad spelling )
Rastalin - Undead Hunter
Minsc
Jeahira
Amoen
Areia
?????

I want a good thief, but I also need another mage. I know your all thinking, Naila. But I don't want Nalia this time around. I just need someone who can disarm traps and pick locks. And there anymore thiefs out there? I just want Valyar so I can do the Sphere quest. Should I just kill him?

------------------
Hey Big Bird!!
It's time for the counter game!!

Count The Shells,
Suck-A-Duck!

~General of the Dark Overlord's Army of Darkness~
Old 08-15-2001, 10:36 PM   #2
Starkiller
The Magister

Take Valygar for the sphere quest, tell Yoshimo to meet you at the Copper Coronet, after the sphere quest pick him back up, and go on to chapter 4, lets just say things may just sort themselves out for you...I think you will be pleased considering what you said you wanted

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"
Old 08-16-2001, 12:06 AM   #3
deathknight
Drow Warrior

heh you want a thief and a mage? Jan all the way dude! He is by far the best thief at thieving type stuff (stealing and traps etc). Beats the hell out of nalia thats for sure.
Old 08-16-2001, 12:12 AM   #4
deathknight
Drow Warrior

a little addition to my first reply. Jan also happens to be the most entertaining NPC in the game IMHO. for sheer fun factor I have to put him in my party. he makes an awful nice backup type mage as well if you need that extra spell casting punch.
Old 08-16-2001, 04:20 AM   #5
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Yes, if you need a thief and a mage, go for Jan. Better pick up a strength-enhancing girdle for him, though.
Old 08-16-2001, 04:35 AM   #6
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Hayashi:
Yes, if you need a thief and a mage, go for Jan. Better pick up a strength-enhancing girdle for him, though.

I agree completely. Jan is a pretty good theif and a decent mage. But hes the FUNNIEST npc in the game. He keeps it comical, and with all the killin an maimin goin on in this game it NEEDS some comedy relief

Dump Yoshi and get Jan.

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2001, 06:27 AM   #7
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

just keep Yoshimo untill you go to spellhold, which you should really do ASAP. having him with you gives some really easy xp after you return to the mainland.
and since you're looking for a mage and a thief (for lock-picking and disarming traps) you'll probably be very pleased to get Imoen back.
Jan's cool, good thief and some really funny dialogues, but I strongly reccomend Imoen over him. since your only other spellcaster is Aerie, you really need a NON-multi-class mage. so you need either Edwin (evil), Nalia (you said you don't want her) or Imoen. my advice - go get your sister back!

as for the Planar Sphere - just let Valygar into your party long enough to open the sphere, then kick him out and get your standard NPC back. you won't need Valygar anywhere inside the sphere, you only need him to open it.