Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2001, 04:44 AM   #1
Ode to a Grasshopper
Elite Waterdeep Guard

When Anomen upgrades to Paladin status, does he get to keep his Cleric abilities or does he lose them with the transition?

Also, is the Carmosyr (Paladin-only 2 handed sword) really as good as everyone says it is?
Old 07-03-2001, 05:06 AM   #2
TheDutkanator

Carsomyr is one of the best 2 handed swords in the game, but there are quite a few other types of weapons that are better. For instance long swords. I think that the developers of this game had a thing for long swords because there seem to be a LOT more of the really strong long swords than there are any other weapon type.

BTW, WELCOME to Ironworks!
------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
"I'm sorry, did I kill you?" -TheDutkanator

[This message has been edited by TheDutkanator (edited 07-03-2001).]
Old 07-03-2001, 05:29 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Anomen doesn't become a paladin, he stays as a cleric, BUT he becomes a member of the Order of the Radiant Heart. So yes, his cleric abilities stay with him.

------------------
Old 07-03-2001, 06:35 AM   #4
Ode to a Grasshopper
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I seem to recall reading somewhere that he actually became a Paladin proper, and that you were given the option to redistribute his proficiencies. I take it that that's not right, then?

I feel distinctly ripped off.
Old 07-03-2001, 06:37 AM   #5
Dramnek_Ulk

ALl that happens to anomen is he changes his name to Sir anomen, and supposedly his alignment changes to Lawful good, but that happpend not to me.

------------------
When the king returns from the crusades
there is no big welcome on the shore.
As he hear the new of the missing crown
he shouts at the sky:
"HAVE I EVER LET YOU DOWN?"
The elderly call it a sign as famine
strikes the land
caught in the grip
of the reapers cold hand

Old 07-03-2001, 08:08 AM   #6
Sigmar
Unicorn

What Dramnek_uk says is all true, the sword IS that good,1d12+5 damage plus another 5 to chaotic evil creatures. 50% increase to your magic resistance and can dispel up to three times a day.

------------------
"So why should I worship you Tiax?"
"Well Sigmar, I am Tiax the chosen one of Cyric, destined to ascend, I shall rule all!"
"Do you know you have a duck on your head?"
"Duck what duck......ahhhhhhhh!"

Tiax, warmaster of clan HADB

[This message has been edited by Sigmar (edited 07-03-2001).]
Old 07-03-2001, 05:23 PM   #7
Gustave
The Magister

Someone mentioned the game was heavy with "powerful" long swords. However, none of them(except Daystar?) go over the +3 to hit. I'm not discrediting them, but..

Edit

The Holy Avenger rocks for paladins, and for who don't have paladins, the Warblade or the Soul Reaver aren't too shabby either. All in all, I think that the two-handed swords are the most powerful in the game even though there are less of them.

[This message has been edited by Gustave (edited 07-03-2001).]